E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Your most regretful modification to your E60...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

LMAO!

at times over the past year i def would agree.. but look at me, like a crazy sonofabitch im clamoring to find another E60 right now....except with a V10 this time

Originally Posted by medik13
buying an e60!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The E60 is pretty awesome. I know another member who is also thinking of going from I6 to V8.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

My only regret is probably not doing a little more research before buying my e60 and buying a v8
Old 11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
wtf
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i Daily Porsche 986S Convertible Weekend

OK, Yep.. I got bored tonight and installed the ebay AE bulbs.. they are pathetic brightness.. I looked inside the headlight and i think they suck mainly due to where the light emits, it seems to not have the 'snout' of the globe near enough to the end, and as such the light doesnt hit the light conductive rings properly..

I dunno..

Also while i had the headlights out, i installed some $90 ebay HID foglights with error cancelers... One of the cancelers blew up straight away, and well.. instead of risking fitting them again with new cancelers and blowing something else up or something catching fire, i just bought the canbus pro ones from umnitza, which i should have done in the first place..

As they say, pay more or pay twice

Now I need to wait for the MTEC V3 and the Canbus Pro 8000k HIDs to arrive..

Also just bought black shadowline trim to replace the stock chrome door/window surrounds, unsure of how hard this is, may end up getting my painter to do it as I dont know what is involved :S
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

Not buying a 6MT, cheeping out on springs although I did know the consequences
Old 11-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by cleung
My only regret is probably not doing a little more research before buying my e60 and buying a v8

+1000 I was so eager to get rid of my SRT-8 jeep and the gas costs, that I jumped into an I6 without even contemplating the fuel economy of the V-8's in BMWs. If I had to do it again I'd have a blue, with black interior 550 in my garage instead of the 530
Old 11-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
+1000 I was so eager to get rid of my SRT-8 jeep and the gas costs, that I jumped into an I6 without even contemplating the fuel economy of the V-8's in BMWs. If I had to do it again I'd have a blue, with black interior 550 in my garage instead of the 530

+100. I did the exact same thing John. I turned in my X5 lease 3 months early to stop the bleeding at the pump when gas was almost 5 bucks a ga to get the 550. So, I regreted that decision after a year and bit the bullet and traded up for the 535i. Now, I couldnt be happier! This is one sweet ride I'll keep for a LONG time
Old 11-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wtf
OK, Yep.. I got bored tonight and installed the ebay AE bulbs.. they are pathetic brightness.. I looked inside the headlight and i think they suck mainly due to where the light emits, it seems to not have the 'snout' of the globe near enough to the end, and as such the light doesnt hit the light conductive rings properly..

I dunno..

Also while i had the headlights out, i installed some $90 ebay HID foglights with error cancelers... One of the cancelers blew up straight away, and well.. instead of risking fitting them again with new cancelers and blowing something else up or something catching fire, i just bought the canbus pro ones from umnitza, which i should have done in the first place..

As they say, pay more or pay twice

Now I need to wait for the MTEC V3 and the Canbus Pro 8000k HIDs to arrive..

Also just bought black shadowline trim to replace the stock chrome door/window surrounds, unsure of how hard this is, may end up getting my painter to do it as I dont know what is involved :S
You installed the cancelers wrong. The BMW wires are switched. The polarity is different. I think the wires were brown and yellow and you had to switch them by plugging the connector upside down. I went through 4 sets before I realized this. Luckily the company was nice and kept sending me new cancelers.

Are you installing 8000k HID in your lowbeam? You will be very disappointed with the output. My 8k HID are pretty much like halogen and in the rain they suck.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 PM
wtf
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i Daily Porsche 986S Convertible Weekend

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
You installed the cancelers wrong. The BMW wires are switched. The polarity is different. I think the wires were brown and yellow and you had to switch them by plugging the connector upside down. I went through 4 sets before I realized this. Luckily the company was nice and kept sending me new cancelers.

Are you installing 8000k HID in your lowbeam? You will be very disappointed with the output. My 8k HID are pretty much like halogen and in the rain they suck.

I actually kind of guessed this after i blew it up, as I noticed the entire setup has to be switched backwards to the clip (this is the same in my old supra, i dont know why ballasts have the wires backwards).

Will the umnitza canbus pro ones be the same setup? Id rather not blow one of them up as well by putting it in backwards!

And I got 10000k headlights in atm, they are terrible lol. I am switching to 6000k. The foglights I was going to run 8000k though, since they are illegal to use in australia for the most part anyway.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 530Xi 2007, Mods: logic 7, HUD, CIC+Combox+Snap-in Media, Rear view camera, SAT, NiVi, Stop&Go, KVv3, R1 brake rotors, RPI exhaust, M-package, High beam assist. Plans: ventilated seats.

Most regretful - night vision system. In real life it lookes absolutely different from advertising film. So my opinion - it's a waste.

Quick Reply: Your most regretful modification to your E60...