E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Your most regretful modification to your E60...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Probably a carbon fiber lip i put on my car 3 years ago, it looked kinda ghetto. And opening my headlights too. Total pain in the ass to do, and I went thru 4 ballasts because of a continued leak in the past.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Ricapar
Orion V2's

It was a pain in the ass getting them installed. The cutting and putting them in part was easy. Sealing them properly was a bit of a pain, but after a few different materials, all water leaks were sealed.

However... They're way too bright. And they don't look natural - imo.. feels like it was some cheap part that was tacked on later (which is true, minus the cheap part).
Haven't gotten around to it, but I'll probably purchase another set of headlights and devise my own AE solution, then sell the ones with the Orions.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Probably a carbon fiber lip i put on my car 3 years ago, it looked kinda ghetto. And opening my headlights too. Total pain in the ass to do, and I went thru 4 ballasts because of a continued leak in the past.
Then you guys will agree with me in raising the install price for Orions! I have been thinking about it for awhile, and I think I'll probably publicly announce it soon.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

-Satin Black vinyl wrap.....no automatic washes, no waxing, hand wash only.....and done by myself every single time because i didnt trust anyone else to do it....

-20" wheels on 25 profile tires in Metro Detroit.....fear of potholes had me barely able to sleep at night....

-Orion V2s....condensation issues....finally figured out a solution before my accident happened.

-OEM M5 cluster....a bitch to code....tons of errors otherwise....big headache for a novice like me....

-CIC Navigation reftrofit....fun install but for many outside factors the coding process was the biggest pain ive ever expereinced and i felt that people out here were more than happy to take advantage of the situation to make $....but hey thats capitalism at its finest right? Ultimately it was all worth it....words cant describe how awesome that system is compaired to the old CCC or dare i say MASK

* all my mods....because here in Detroit it makes my car a huge target for armed robbers. if i wasnt born/raised in the inner city i would be an easy target....i was nearly car-jacked a couple months ago in downtown detroit right outside of my job at GM headquarters....but i was armed as well (100% legally)...and escaped with not only my life but my car too!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Then you guys will agree with me in raising the install price for Orions! I have been thinking about it for awhile, and I think I'll probably publicly announce it soon.
Whatever you charge isn't enough
Old 11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

putting in H&R drop springs on my 19" BBS LMs the thing rubbed big time! so i swapped them out and put H&R coilovers. best decision made performance wise. handling is way better ride is a little too stiff for passengers but i like it. and the adjustabbility for shows to slam my car for that perfect tucked fit works out great!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Whatever you charge isn't enough
Haha, I know. I have been hearing that quite often lately.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

My last 2 angeleye upgrades...currently on MTEC v3.
Vinyl Shadowline tape...when with OEM Shadowline trim
Numerous versions of interior lighting
Plastic LED side marker housing

Matte Black kidney grills...Went back to OEM chrome with matte centers.

Bought but never installed:
OEM MTech CF splitters
OEM Gloss Black grills...I may still install it someday
Matte Black OEM MTech rear diffuser...I kind of like the body color diffuser for a clean look.
Sun roof wind deflector

Bought OEM MTech parts (sides, front, bumper) separately instead of all at once at a bundle (cheaper). Long story associated with that.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey 530 XI

Probably doing my own vinyl shadowline trim work. Looks good, but the minor bubbles/creases are enough to eat me up inside. :thumbsdown: Also, LED Angeleyes off of Ebay.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

Rdash angeleyes ughh :thumbsdown:
Old 11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

Originally Posted by umichchris
* all my mods....because here in Detroit it makes my car a huge target for armed robbers. if i wasnt born/raised in the inner city i would be an easy target....i was nearly car-jacked a couple months ago in downtown detroit right outside of my job at GM headquarters....but i was armed as well (100% legally)...and escaped with not only my life but my car too!
BADASS so now i see why that picture in another thread had your firearm so handy haha was the guy surprised you were armed too or is a gun like a must have in that area? Ive been playing this scene in my head and I know i'd be without a car right now had I been in that situation

Quick Reply: Your most regretful modification to your E60...