E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Your most regretful modification to your E60...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM
wtf
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i Daily Porsche 986S Convertible Weekend

So I am only starting out on my road to modifications and am curious to know what people have done and wished they hadnt (ie something that caused more pain, made the car impractical, made other road users angry, killed electricals, etc).

So far since I only have had my E60 for a couple of months, mine was changing my HID low beam bulbs to 10000k... They look cool but the lighting is atrocious and my foglights illuminate more than the headlights

I have bought a multitude of mods for it so far but yet to be fitted, im sure I am going to regret the kit and coilovers once it's too low to get out of my driveway

Mark
Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

20mm spacers... My stock suspension travel ate up my tires I had to take them back off, $140 later. but cant wait to see all the mods youve got planned
Old 11-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See Signature
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

The Dinan tune I was running a few years ago... absolute waste of money for my NA V8 :thumbsdown: Also, all the money I wasted going through like 5 sets of fog lights (poor brightness and color) before discovering John at motorcepts on this forum... thanks to this place I've been lucky to steer clear of bad, ill-fitting, crappy mods!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 535xi FULLY LOADED, H&R SPRINGS COLD WEATHER PACKAGE. 1ST SET EVER MADE 20'' DONZ MASSERIA HIGH CONCAVE.

Never Put H&R Springs on stock struts. The ride really sucks in NYC on stock 17's, but improved a lot when I put on my custom 20' Donz Masseria X-Concave rims with Falken FK-452's. I don't know if it's the tires, rims or both. the ride is bouncier, and my wife stopped complaining, but now winter is coming so I'm switching back to stock, but i will buy Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter tires. I will know then if the Eagle RSA tires that came with the car originally are the problem, if not I will replace with stock struts, or buy Coilovers. I hate the fender gap on the XI'sYour most regretful modification to your E60...-img-20110814-00012.jpg
Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Members

I got 6000K hid kit fitted to halogen reflector lenses.. it does illuminate the road a lot better than stock halogens.. but i do get flashed for blinding people.
and when we travel with multiple cars, i always have to lead .. im looking into headlight upgrades to counter this issue but avoiding halogens.. also OBC sometimes gives errors even with the errorcancellor.. and last when i coldstart, the lights flashes and take a few moments to stabillize (sometimes with dipped beam faillure on the dash).. really ugly and annoying.

futur mods: Kidney grill change, M kit fit, new rims and tires.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Contributors

AFE cold air (I mean hot air) intake on my 545i.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Nothing. I did all my homework extensively before every mod. I guess the only thing I regret was wasting money on rear tail light tints. Looked ghetto as F and ripped them off 2 hrs later.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Banned

My Ride: E60 550i

All happy here

Only regrets were not doing it sooner
Old 11-10-2011, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Orion V2's

It was a pain in the ass getting them installed. The cutting and putting them in part was easy. Sealing them properly was a bit of a pain, but after a few different materials, all water leaks were sealed.

However... They're way too bright. And they don't look natural - imo.. feels like it was some cheap part that was tacked on later (which is true, minus the cheap part).
Haven't gotten around to it, but I'll probably purchase another set of headlights and devise my own AE solution, then sell the ones with the Orions.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

B&B exhaust. WAY too much droning inside the car at everyday RPMs. Swapped out with an Eisenmann (with which I had previous experience in my E39) and I am much happier. Other than that, I've been very happy with every mod I've made- I had plenty of experience on my E39s to know what I should stay away from.

Quick Reply: Your most regretful modification to your E60...