E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What MODs should I get for $500 or less? (+/- $200)
Orion V2
36.84%
M5Tech Front Bumber
57.89%
Interior LEDs
0%
M5 Instrument Cluster
0%
Mtech Trunk Spoiler
0%
Roof Spoiler
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Your Insight Needed on my Next MOD/MODs

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wtlb
... LED Side Markers, 6W AEs, LED License Plate Lights, RPI Scoop, BMC filter, and Carbon Delete
I'm interested in easy, non-dramatic mods. Would you say you've enjoyed these? Could you rank them for the noob please, or put them in order of appreciation to you?

TIA.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

get a good set of coils like kw or cks sport, don't go the konis or bilstein route i did that and removed it and replaced it with the kw's after a week, it's better trust me and you save money like that...then you can go with the body work after the coils.. good luck
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by jg525i
get a good set of coils like kw or cks sport, don't go the konis or bilstein route i did that and removed it and replaced it with the kw's after a week, it's better trust me and you save money like that...then you can go with the body work after the coils.. good luck
Thanks JG252i. That's real talk. Do you know who sells CKS Coils?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
I'm interested in easy, non-dramatic mods. Would you say you've enjoyed these? Could you rank them for the noob please, or put them in order of appreciation to you?

TIA.
Sure no problem. I am glad to help you.

1) Miro 111 Wheels - I love the way they look. They complement the car perfectly and give it a classic look especially if you use the BMW wheel caps.

2) Lowering the Car - It's amazing what wheels and a tasteful lowering does to the look of the car. I love my stance now. I am currently on H&R springs but plan to get coilovers once my stock shocks give out.

3) The coding was pretty cool as well. I like having a digital speedometer, being able to use my key fob to close all my windows and sunroof and also welcome & courtesy lights. Thanks Simon

4) My car came with the shadowline trim, but I like the look of that combined with the matte black kidney grills.

5) All the lighting MODs are nice too. I like having LED Side Markers, LED License Plate Lights (very bright but very white from Trinity), stealth front turn signals, and 3000K H8 Yellow Fog bulbs. I love my 6W Angel Eyes at night, but you can't even tell they are on during the day in direct sunlight. I will eventually change to Orion V2s.

6) As far as the RPI Scoop, Carbon Delete, & BMC Filter, I do feel some more pick up around 70mph and slightly better gas mileage, but nothing substantial. I guess it doesn't hurt to have your car breathe better. I might see more gains if I went with the RPI exhaust, but I like my 528i the way it is, Quiet.

I used to heavily MOD my cars in the past but with this one I want to keep it very clean & classy and not do too much. My goal is to have a nice cruiser as my daily driver with subtle MODs. In the future, I want to definitely upgrade my sound system, because it is so damn weak out of the factory. Also, I might get just the front Mtech bumper, not sure about the entire kit yet and some Orion V2s. Oh yeah, coilovers as well. I hope this helps you.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

If you're going for performance, I say rpi exhaust. But without a doubt the Orion v2s will turn heads more than ever before. It's a bit of a tricky DIY but totally doable. And if you're worried about messing up $1k+ headlights, you could always see the pro, Simon (again).
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

Originally Posted by wtlb
Has anyone seen a picture of an E60 that just has the front Mtech/replica bumper with the stock LCI sides and rear?
here is the Mtech/replica bumper with stock sides and rear. although the OP said M5tech, it's not.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/121...cation-thread/
and you can do the M5 cluster mod yourself or have Simon do it. I love looking at it everyday! Thanks Simon!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Kaizen
If you're going for performance, I say rpi exhaust. But without a doubt the Orion v2s will turn heads more than ever before. It's a bit of a tricky DIY but totally doable. And if you're worried about messing up $1k+ headlights, you could always see the pro, Simon (again).
For sure. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Members

I think these gauge rings, in matte, from bimmian would be cool.

http://www.bimmian.com/Gauge-Rings-for-BMW-E60-5-Series
Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

"Stop squeezing her! We're born into this world as Micronians."

I would go with the bumper and rear spoiler. I just installed an OEM M5 spoiler and loving the sutble improvement.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mo858
here is the Mtech/replica bumper with stock sides and rear. although the OP said M5tech, it's not.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/121...cation-thread/
and you can do the M5 cluster mod yourself or have Simon do it. I love looking at it everyday! Thanks Simon!
Thanks for the link. I wish he had some better pics like diagonal from the side showing the front. Oh well. All good.

Quick Reply: Your Insight Needed on my Next MOD/MODs