E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Wraping roof, rear apron and interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really can't make a decision!

There are 3 things I want to do...

1. Vinyl wrap roof
2. Vinyl wrap bottom part of my Rieger rear apron that is soon to be installed.
3. Vinyl wrap interior

Important to note is that I have mystic blue e60!

1. As for the problem with the first is that I dont know if I should go for gloss black vinyl or carbon black vinyl... Gloss black might look better but it is very common, whereas carbon wrap is very new.

2. Completely uncertain about the rear apron... I reckon adding black to contrast with blue will be a good idea. Thats why I am thinking of powder coating my rims black and wraping bottom part of rear paron carbon vinyl. But I am not sure if black will look nice with mystic blue and if it will look nice on Rieger rear skirt... By the way I have attached a picture of the Rieger rear skirt just to remidn how it looks like.
Wraping roof, rear apron and interior-rieger-beastpowe-tse60-2.jpg

3. I have leather grey interior with brushed aluminium. I want something unique to it because it looks very simple. But again, no idea about color... definately not black carbon vinyl. Was thinking about white, but not sure if a good contrast with grey. Another option is silver carbon but not sure if it looks noticabely different from brushed aluminium...

Please help me to decide! It is such a tough decision to me
Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Contributors

I'd do a flat, dark grey for the roof and diffuser with your color and I'd stay away from carbon fiber stuff..
Old 05-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Members

Thanks for opinion! You dont like the carbon vinyl at all? I think its more interesting than just a flat color, but again, dont know how its gonna look on my car in real life...

Anyone else?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Members

Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Blue looks nice with grey, or even silver, or some kind of titanium color - there are lots more than just black or carbon black. If I had the same decision to make as you do here, I'd go with grey on the outside and silver carbon inside. I'd stay away from doing more than one kind of wrapping on the exterior - so if you go flat grey on the roof, the rear has to get wrapped in the same thing and the wheels should match too. Basically, try to work out a color scheme - not just odd bits and pieces here and there. You can add some very minor accents all around the exterior to accentuate the shapes you like and keep it classy, without going overboard.

Ultimately though, its your car, so whatever you decide goes - right?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Members

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I was going for black scheme cuz I have tinted rear lights and planning to do wheels in black.
But then I thought about gunmetal that will look nice with rear carbon wrap.

Grey sounds nice but not sure if it is good for the roof... And if its not, as far as you say - keep the color scheme, its not good to make roof black and other things grey.

It is really complicated when you cant see how it looks in real life...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by LevKis
It is really complicated when you cant see how it looks in real life...
sounds like a great reason to post a new thread with a couple of pics of your car as it is right now and request a photoshop...
Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
sounds like a great reason to post a new thread with a couple of pics of your car as it is right now and request a photoshop...
I have no pics Im in UK and my car is far away from me in another country. I want to buy vinyl here cuz its not on the market in my country.

Thtas the problem I am asking for an advice because I cant even look at my car to imagine which color will be best sutied.