E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Would Lci face lift dynamic xenons work on a pre Lci with lm2

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.

All the info needed to do the conversion can be found in this thread: https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...-lights-46834/

Carefully read through the full thread and you should be able to figure it out. Also please note that the instructions from BMW (file is in the thread) does discribe both E60 and E61.

Now, for the question asked by the OP "will dynamic headlights work?": the answer is it depends on the year+month of the car. If the car is manufactured before a certain date (052005 I believe), the control of the AHL function was not part of the LM, but was taken care of by a separate module behind the glovebox. So if this is the situation for your friends car AND it does not currently have AHL function then you would either need to route additional wires to the LM module which is not well documented or install the AHL module behind the glovebox (which is not documented either). These steps also require special coding.
If the car is later dated and the AHL is controlled by the LM, and/or the car has pre-LCI AHL's you should be fine.

Hope that helps,
Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

thanks for the reply buddy i didnt get any notification of the reply

my car is a 2003 e60 one of the first i am now thinking of installing the dynamic lci xenons to my car
your reply has been helpfull as i couldnt find the information on forum regarding the dynamic functions on cars before 2005

i have the
new LM2 Ahl module
i have the dynamic xenon lci headlights
and one height sensor which was mounted to one of the front struts of the other car

this ahl module behind glove box is it a hard part to get hold of also is it hard to wire up?

can i fit these lights without having the use of the dynamic function? and add the ahl module and recode at later date