E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Would Lci face lift dynamic xenons work on a pre Lci with lm2

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,
Default Would Lci face lift dynamic xenons work on a pre Lci with lm2

Hi guys had a question if i fit xenon dynamic headlights from a Lci and fit them to a pre Lci and add the Lm2 would they fully function after coding even the dynamic function?

Or are more items needed for them to fully function

Thanks
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Do an extensive search ... these topic has been covered so many times ... a lot of member(s) done the conversion ...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I just did the conversion (with help from Blastiwi, et al). As long as you have LM2 then you should be ok, might need some coding for full functionality though.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Originally Posted by pjinca
I just did the conversion (with help from Blastiwi, et al). As long as you have LM2 then you should be ok, might need some coding for full functionality though.

thanks for the reply guys im going to install it for a friend

he has xenon heads lights on his car currently if we fit the dynamic headlights and lm2

also after coding lm2 to car would the dynamic function work or does he need other parts to make this work?

he currently has lci tail lights with bruce modules i take it these need to be removed would he need to buy different wiring to connect the rear lights to car without bruce modules

the headlights he has will have the connectors from original car with wires
his car is a 2004 model are the wiring straight forward?

i will be removing his old lights and lm module is there anything that would need removing that pairs up with old lights as i might fit these to my car the pre lci xenons

thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

... so many questions ... but yet so many threads already talked about these many many times ... but yet you reluctant to do the search ...

... well for started the plug is way different ... the wiring is different ... everything is different ... you need various part(s) & wire(s) ... can you make it to work? Yeah, sure ... I've done the conversion myself ... my conversion even crazier from pre-LCI Halogen -> LCI Bi-Xenon ... FWIW even BMW has OEM retrofit guide if you search for it.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 01-08-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
... so many questions ... but yet so many threads already talked about these many many times ... but yet you reluctant to do the search ...

... well for started the plug is way different ... the wiring is different ... everything is different ... you need various part(s) & wire(s) ... can you make it to work? Yeah, sure ... I've done the conversion myself ... my conversion even crazier from pre-LCI Halogen -> LCI Bi-Xenon ... FWIW even BMW has OEM retrofit guide if you search for it.
hi mate i searched already the posts i had a look at them the information is all over the place and people still asking hows its meant to be done even on page 21 of the thread

i thought i ask the guy above about his personal experience as he may be able to answer my questions

i still havnt seen a answer any were to say if the dynamic function will work with just lights complete and lm2 pre lci car with lci lights
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Members
Senior Members

im the type of guy who would say if i can help and give the information i understand there is a search feature reason why im asking here is to get a clarification on what and how its done

may be some people may have recently done the conversion may be able to help in person or over the net after all the forums are there for people to help each other if every one answered with saying just search we wont get anywere to we wont share our own experience and best practice
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Members
Senior Members

Ahhh ... I'm the type of a guy that why ask the same question over and over again when something already been covered many many times ... so many expert(s) at least here created thread(s) so other can use it but I understand some of the research info maybe very useful for those who know how to utilize it while the same info maybe useless for other.

But hey to whatever floats your boat ... so good luck on your journey
Old 01-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

lol not a problem mate

If anyone have personal experience and would like to generally help please do amd share any tips thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535D Touring M with double xenon, full leather, tow bar, etc. Engine is chiptuned

I am really new and spent days reading all the posts but I also struggle to understand what is possible and what is needed. Looked at Parts for LM2 to see there are many substitutions by BMW.

Given that I have an E61 and would like LCI+Xenon front and back I struggle more as most topic will not cover the E61 taillights icm with LM2.

So a good how to would be great. But maybe there are so many varieties this is not possible. I will keep reading and searching to find out though.

Quick Reply: Would Lci face lift dynamic xenons work on a pre Lci with lm2