E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

is it worth installing a ski port in a non ski port 530?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi im planning on big sound system 2 cervin vega strokers 12" in a bass reflex box i want my port facing in to the cabin..buh i dont have have a ski port or a hole what ever you call it..is it worth getting it custom made? or is it too much hassle? i have looked at the realoem.com website..but im not sure what im soppose to be looking at..am i soppose to get the frame ski bag and armrest panel? i would like to close it wen not in use..any ideas tnx
Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

just cut a hole behind the rear armrest. And yes its worth it, either you go skiing with that whole or you dont go skiing. very simple
Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Members

shall i cut a hole or shall i get the parts from realoem website? so it dosent look tatty
Old 03-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by faizp
shall i cut a hole or shall i get the parts from realoem website? so it dosent look tatty
If you want the OEM parts for it, you got to order them from the dealer. RealOEM is just a listing of OEM parts
Old 03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Members

oh ok tnx..do i have to get it from the dealer? is there anywere else i can purchase it from tnx
Old 03-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

oh ok tnx..do i have to get it from the dealer? is there anywere else i can purchase it from tnx
There are lots of shops that sell OEM stuff, but usually their products are narrowed to body parts, suspension and chassis parts, maintenance parts etc...
It can be hard to find this kind of parts from elsewhere than from the dealer. But I can be wrong!

- Antti -
Old 03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi, 6 spd MT, Tiefgruen, Nav, Traffic, Comfort Access, Sat Radio, iPodPremium/Cold WX Pkgs

If you figure out a way to simple install the ski bag option I am sure alot of people would be interested. I don't know if it is possible. I have read that changing non-fold down seats (which I have) to fold down seats is virtually impossible.
Good luck.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

hi im planning on big sound system 2 cervin vega strokers 12" in a bass reflex box i want my port facing in to the cabin..buh i dont have have a ski port or a hole what ever you call it..is it worth getting it custom made? or is it too much hassle? i have looked at the realoem.com website..but im not sure what im soppose to be looking at..am i soppose to get the frame ski bag and armrest panel? i would like to close it wen not in use..any ideas tnx

If you are doing a sound system the ski bag would not benefit you. This mod allows the use of a forward facing sealed or bandpass box.
Attached Thumbnails is it worth installing a ski port in a non ski port 530?-grille.jpg  
Old 03-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Members

were can i get that product from? .all i want is a hole in the middle so that the port in my box can fire inside the cabin and i dont want it looking tatty, so i wanted to know if i can cut the metal of the back seat and add the ski port frame and the arm rest panel? whih has a whole for the ski bag..which option is better the previous picture or the ski frame and arm rest panel with a whole in it.. tnx
Old 03-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Members

wouldent that ristrict the sound from the port??

Quick Reply: is it worth installing a ski port in a non ski port 530?