E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Where to source a OEM mtech kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to source a OEM mtech kit

Just checked a few of the old post and it appears that the kits for 08 is now discontinued.

Anyone else have a vendor for a OEM kit?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

AFAIK oem lci and pre lci m tech kits are out of production now, so whatever is in supply is what's left. Even if you try and source through an aftermarket vendor they would have to get it from a BMW dealer....try calling around to various dealers...

have you checked with: BMWPartsPros (try contacting them directly as they don't list many e60 parts on their actual webpage) or BMW Parts and Accessories at GetBMWparts.com
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

pre-LCI kits are definitely still available, but for how much longer is anyones guess. I just bought one two weeks ago.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene
AFAIK oem lci and pre lci m tech kits are out of production now, so whatever is in supply is what's left. Even if you try and source through an aftermarket vendor they would have to get it from a BMW dealer....try calling around to various dealers...

have you checked with: BMWPartsPros (try contacting them directly as they don't list many e60 parts on their actual webpage) or BMW Parts and Accessories at GetBMWparts.com

I have tried local dealers and getbmwparts. I'll try bmwpartspros.

Thanks for the lead.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by KyleB
pre-LCI kits are definitely still available, but for how much longer is anyones guess. I just bought one two weeks ago.
again, that's depedent on which dealer...whatever is in the stock room is what's left...
Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

again, that's depedent on which dealer...whatever is in the stock room is what's left...
Not true. I was just at my dealer today (three times, don't ask) and had them run the part number out of curiosity. Still available for order from the motherland, pre-LCI only. It's also listed on BMWUSA.com as an available accessory.

I wouldn't bank on BMW selling the parts as a kit for too much longer though.

OP good luck with your search. I hate to say it, but I think you might be out of luck.

Last edited by KyleB; 03-13-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Not true. I was just at my dealer today (three times, don't ask) and had them run the part number out of curiosity. Still available for order from the motherland, pre-LCI only. It's also listed on BMWUSA.com as an available accessory.

I wouldn't bank on BMW selling the parts as a kit for too much longer though.

OP good luck with your search. I hate to say it, but I think you might be out of luck.
good to know, would make sense as the m tech kit was made an available option to order with LCI's rather than having to be purchased after the fact for pre lci models...
Old 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

good to know, would make sense as the m tech kit was made an available option to order with LCI's rather than having to be purchased after the fact for pre lci models...
yea, but given BMWs track record with accessories it won't surprise me one bit to see the kit part number go NLA any time now. You have to get it while the getting is good, because piecing it together is an expensive proposition. Tischer BMW has them for $1350 right now, which is an absolute steal of a price. I can confirm that it does come with literally everything you need, including every last bit of hardware.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

yea, but given BMWs track record with accessories it won't surprise me one bit to see the kit part number go NLA any time now. You have to get it while the getting is good, because piecing it together is an expensive proposition. Tischer BMW has them for $1350 right now, which is an absolute steal of a price. I can confirm that it does come with literally everything you need, including every last bit of hardware.
Tischer has LCI or Pre LCI kits? The OP is looking for an LCI and said he checked getbmwparts.com, which is basically Tischers online store.

Another dealership to check with is BMW of Newport in Rhode Island. Ask for Gary Romani in the parts department. He used to offer special pricing to forum members here as well.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Members
Senior Members

Tischer has pre-LCI for sure. I'm not sure about LCI, it might be worth a shot.

Quick Reply: Where to source a OEM mtech kit