E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What aspect of CIC compels you to have upgraded or want to upgrade the most?
Hardware (Bigger highres 10 in screen and new controller)?
30.77%
new design and layout?
30.77%
updated 3d graphics navigation?
7.69%
ipod intergration more seamless( usb option cover art and song titles on screen)?
7.69%
bluetooth audio streaming?
0%
online options(web browsing, news, weather, fb/twitter, google search, web radio, and calender)?
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

whats so special about cic???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Yeah my car didn't have NAV to begin with. Also, it's only used for to and from work with a 4 mile one way commute. So, yes...the CIC NAV retrofit is a huge "waste of money" LOL!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by balbs
Yeah my car didn't have NAV to begin with. Also, it's only used for to and from work with a 4 mile one way commute. So, yes...the CIC NAV retrofit is a huge "waste of money" LOL!
LOL, true, unless you travel around town a lot for work (like I do) then NAV isn't the most important option to have. Granted, some of the features of the CIC I like are:
USB connection for iPod/MP3 player
HDD based NAV - so much quicker than my DVD based unit
The ability to view a movie on DVD while driving (a lot harder when your NAV is DVD based and there is only 1 DVD player in the car)

That said, for my money I'd rather get an '09-'10 E60 550 or an F10 550, because the thing I miss the most is V-8 power. With a newer E60 or F10 I get CIC AND a V-8. An M5 would be an even better investment, IMHO
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Contributors

Not to mention the Sweet-A$$, Cool, Bitchen' factor!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I probably wont be buying this cic retrofit for another 5 years when the price goes down, I have found a way to practically replicate all the novelties and features of cic, 6nr, 6fl, all that, while keeping the same controller and screen but adding 4 usb ports in my armrest,bt audio streaming with the blackberry bt stereo gateway also installed in my armrest. Ipod cover arts and track names displayed on screen and all the above listed online features via ipod and modmynav. In a few days I'll post a little video showcasing my work and mods so you can see a much less expensive way to to have cic without cic.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Contributors

Is it by Dension?
Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Senior Members

nah just an internet connected iphone/ipod and mmn, and a good old fashion aux jack. no dension i could add one later if i choose but the only thing that dension does is let you control the ipod with the idrive controller i installed a nice dock in the ash tray it makes the ipod nice and easy to control while still being ergonomic and everything going on; on the ipod will be displayed right on the Idrive that means your songs titles cover art, movies tv, safari browser, weather, mail, facebook/twitter, and all sorts of internet media.

here are a few pics of my ipod to get and idea what it can look like when displayed on your car screen, I'll show it off a lil more in depth when i have some time to record.

whats so special about cic???-ipodviews.jpg
Old 05-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by spediegunz
nah just an internet connected iphone/ipod and mmn, and a good old fashion aux jack. no dension i could add one later if i choose but the only thing that dension does is let you control the ipod with the idrive controller i installed a nice dock in the ash tray it makes the ipod nice and easy to control while still being ergonomic and everything going on; on the ipod will be displayed right on the Idrive that means your songs titles cover art, movies tv, safari browser, weather, mail, facebook/twitter, and all sorts of internet media.

here are a few pics of my ipod to get and idea what it can look like when displayed on your car screen, I'll show it off a lil more in depth when i have some time to record.

Attachment 133250
I think the CIC upgrade is cool, but just like others $4 to $5K is too steep. I can get a myriad of MODs for that price.

I look forward to see how you will connect to you CCC.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wtlb
I think the CIC upgrade is cool, but just like others $4 to $5K is too steep. I can get a myriad of MODs for that price.

I look forward to see how you will connect to you CCC.
Yeah its expensive but I know from reading threads of people who tried installing it on there own, that its very difficult and required coding expertise.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Although I haven't installed it yet, I bought mine as a kit from member Patrys. I plan on doing the install DIY and have Patrys remote code\activate the system once everything is installed. He has helped quite a few members here with their CIC retrofits.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by balbs
Although I haven't installed it yet, I bought mine as a kit from member Patrys. I plan on doing the install DIY and have Patrys remote code\activate the system once everything is installed. He has helped quite a few members here with their CIC retrofits.
I plan on upgrading to CIC within the next 3 months. I will be buying Patrys kit as well. Good luck with the install. I'm having a member here help me with the install.

Quick Reply: whats so special about cic???