E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What Vinyl Matches Titanium Silver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i Sport Pkg. Stock, for now...

I want to wrap the outer lip of the kidney grill to match my car, and the inner fins matte black. The other option is to go to a shop and have it painted, but I wanted to get a feel for what it would look like before doing a permanent solution.

I am guessing the 3M white aluminum from photos I've seen. I've ordered a ton of samples whilst contemplating which to use on my interior trim, and just dont want to order another sample, and am hoping maybe someone else has done a side by side comparison.

Obviously I don't expect exact match.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

If you want the inner slits matte black, I would recommend taking apart the grill to remove the outer border. Then, get a can of plasti-dip from Lowe's or Home Depot and use that. It's a non-permanent solution like you prefer. As far as the outer border, wrapping it might be a bit tricky but is very doable. I'm not sure what vinyl "matches" TiAg, but carbon fiber looks good on all colors IMO, especially if you have other CF accents. Good luck!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i Sport Pkg. Stock, for now...

Originally Posted by Kaizen
If you want the inner slits matte black, I would recommend taking apart the grill to remove the outer border. Then, get a can of plasti-dip from Lowe's or Home Depot and use that. It's a non-permanent solution like you prefer. As far as the outer border, wrapping it might be a bit tricky but is very doable. I'm not sure what vinyl "matches" TiAg, but carbon fiber looks good on all colors IMO, especially if you have other CF accents. Good luck!
Thanks Kaizen.

I think I am going to just go ahead and have them paint matched after seeing this photo.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Man I painted mine black, but a few interstate road trips ruined them with chips. I ended up ordering the High Gloss Black grilles from the M5. They look amazing on Titanium Silver Metallic IMO.

They were around $120 from www.getBMWparts.com

If you decide to get yours painted, please snap some pics!