E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What is the right body kit for a 2006 BMW 530i?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by medik13
WOW! Good to know...
Every attempt was made to assist that customer without a response from the customer to an email, call and PM (prior that that post and after).
This is 1 review that is unfortunate, but is not indicative of the business as a whole.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Nocrapplease

Originally Posted by BIM530I
Hey guys,

I have a 2006 530IA with sports and premium package. It is titanium silver (with gray interior) and has OEM 123 rims (18"). Everything is original from the time I bought it new.

Some of the mods on this forum are beautiful. Unfortunately the ones that I like are not the same model or color like my car. If you have done yours already, would you provide information for the following:

1. Recomendations of what body kit is best for my car. Pictures of before and after would be great! :-)

2. How much would it cost to buy, paint and install the body kit. Any recommended shops in Los Angeles or Orange County would be helpful too.

3. What is the big difference between replicas and OEM's? And what are your experiences on them?

4. I paid $58,000 for this car when it was new. Now it's probably worth around $23,000. The car is still running strong and quiet. Is it worth
spending money adding stuff that is most likely not going to bring the market value higher?

I often look at my car and wonder what I can do to make it look better and more "solid". Often times, I am pleased with the way it is. If
guys can help me open my eyes and see beyond, that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Dan
OEM Sport kit, not a cheap copy, carbon front splitter, carbon rear diffuser with quad, quad exhaust, m5 boot spoiler, acs roof spoiler, upgrade angel eyes to LED, 19" Wheels, that should do it
Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Full OEM M-tech Kit - Tischer BMW $1200-$1400
CF M-tech rear diffuser - ???
OEM M5 Mirrors - Groupbuy- https://5series.net/forums/topic/88083-replica-e60-m5-mirror-for-lhd-version/ or OEM?
Wheels are your own choice... I-Forged Sprints I got mine set for sale.
M-tech V2 LED angel eyes - John@motorcepts

Here is an OEM M-tech kit I think this car is nice looking check it out, it's close what I'm mentioning about the mods to get besides the dual quads on the M-tech rear and no M5 mirrors though.. https://5series.net/forums/topic/107541-some-new-photosenjoy/

As far as install and paint would vary on place you take it to, but i would say install will be no more then $500-$700 and Paint would cost anywhere from $800 and up. Hope this rough estimate helps you decide on your mods.

-Jack
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by jayarras
That's weird I ordered My whole kit plus a Hamann lip from them and had no problem whatsoever.

is it just me?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Originally Posted by Cwest
Full OEM M-tech Kit - Tischer BMW
CF M-tech rear diffuser - ???
OEM M5 Mirrors - Groupbuy- https://5series.net/forums/topic/88083-replica-e60-m5-mirror-for-lhd-version/ or OEM?
Wheels are your own choice... I-Forged Sprints I got mine set for sale.
M-tech V2 LED angel eyes - John@motorcepts

Here is an OEM M-tech kit I think this car is nice looking check it out, it's close what I'm mentioning about the mods to get besides the dual quads on the M-tech rear and no M5 mirrors though.. https://5series.net/forums/topic/107541-some-new-photosenjoy/

As far as install and paint would vary on place you take it to, but i would say install will be no more then $500-$700 and Paint would cost anywhere from $800 and up. Hope this rough estimate helps you decide on your mods.

-Jack
Jack and everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to help me put things into better perspectives. It seems like I might have to spend at least $6,000 if I want to do it right the first time. With that said, it might make more sense to buy a car that is already modded or take a nice vacation. Let's see how this temporary insanity evolve... :-)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BIM530I
Jack and everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to help me put things into better perspectives. It seems like I might have to spend at least $6,000 if I want to do it right the first time. With that said, it might make more sense to buy a car that is already modded or take a nice vacation. Let's see how this temporary insanity evolve... :-)
Whatever your choices are tony happy motoring.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
That's weird I ordered My whole kit plus a Hamann lip from them and had no problem whatsoever.

is it just me?
D,

When are you going to post more pictures with "better" lighting? :-)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor

Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22

is it just me?
Definitely not just you...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Nocrapplease
OEM Sport kit, not a cheap copy, carbon front splitter, carbon rear diffuser with quad, quad exhaust, m5 boot spoiler, acs roof spoiler, upgrade angel eyes to LED, 19" Wheels, that should do it
Nocrapplease or anyone,

I need a little education here. When it comes to anything mechanical(any moving parts), I prefer OEM because I value real performance and reliability. As for the body kit, the difference in price between the OEM and replicas are almost 50% cheaper. Is it just cosmetic or does the material really makes a huge difference(breakage and durability)? After it is painted, can anyone notice the difference? Is anyone out there who owns the replicas and regret that that should have bought OEM and why?

Thank you in advance.

Dan

P.S. I could have bought my car used. However, I bought it brand new because I feel better knowing the car is not "mechanically" abused.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Senior Members

Here is the link to the OEM Mtech from Tischer : http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462 I talked to Jason from Tischer and he said this is the complete kit. Nothing more is needed unless you have a 2008+ with PDC.

Quick Reply: What is the right body kit for a 2006 BMW 530i?