E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by justalilbit
I don't know about this, seems a little "too good to be true". Especially that price point, that is shockingly low.
China
Old 11-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

I don't know about this, seems a little "too good to be true". Especially that price point, that is shockingly low.
Well, it's working for me. So "too good to be true" is looking very good on my car. I had doubt when I order this set. But as of now, "it is all good and true" for me. Depo's $240 PnP vs OEM $550 + $300 Bruce cable. They are identical to OEM, down to the connectors. How do I know that,that is because I have them on my car. Even for $240, I can play and test with it, and surely I have learned lot of thing about my car doing this mod. Now I can even install the OEM without Bruce cable by using NCS Expert coding. And by learning NCS coding, I do learned other stuff that I can do on my car. So $240 is worth every penny to me.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
China
So true SanjSanj haha... from the roof spoiler to the m5tech body kit, to get that nice OEM looks. Only the things that I am willing to pay at OEM pricing are the parts in my engine bay.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by quanger
Well, it's working for me. So "too good to be true" is looking very good on my car. I had doubt when I order this set. But as of now, "it is all good and true" for me. Depo's $240 PnP vs OEM $550 + $300 Bruce cable. They are identical to OEM, down to the connectors. How do I know that,that is because I have them on my car. Even for $240, I can play and test with it, and surely I have learned lot of thing about my car doing this mod. Now I can even install the OEM without Bruce cable by using NCS Expert coding. And by learning NCS coding, I do learned other stuff that I can do on my car. So $240 is worth every penny to me.
Yeah I took a closer look and they actually look identical - post some close ups in the daytime and I'll do it too so you can compare to OEM properly...

Great! Now code the seat belt gong to the other option (nicht US), that'll shut it up from bonging right away and only bonging after constantly moving for 30 seconds! (might be in the Kombi, can't remember)

The thing is with the DIY job is you lose brake force display, and the clever safety function of it automatically switching to a different bulb as a backup when the main brake light bulb fails, also lose fog light if you have it over there...
Old 11-14-2014, 05:02 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw

Originally Posted by quanger
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're working out for you and I hope they continue to. They look damn good, in fact I'd buy them myself if I didn't have other things to take care of at the moment. I just think it will take a considerable amount of time before any absolute judgment calls can be made (6-12 months).
Old 11-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62

I said the same thing but I'm about to find out
Old 11-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

I will try to get help with coding mine once they arrive
Old 11-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
Yeah I took a closer look and they actually look identical - post some close ups in the daytime and I'll do it too so you can compare to OEM properly...

Great! Now code the seat belt gong to the other option (nicht US), that'll shut it up from bonging right away and only bonging after constantly moving for 30 seconds! (might be in the Kombi, can't remember)

The thing is with the DIY job is you lose brake force display, and the clever safety function of it automatically switching to a different bulb as a backup when the main brake light bulb fails, also lose fog light if you have it over there...
Haha the gong and the ding ding are long gone. So is The bmw disclaimer. Got the digital speedometer displace, got the traffic info with the NAV. Now I need the LM2 to get some more goodies. Damn, all this upgrading knowledge gonna give me a cold shoulder from the wife haha
Don't care much for brake force displace, since I hardly braking hard, it does looks pretty cool though.
And no, we don't use the rear fog here in the states.
Yeah I will take some day time tomorrow.

Last edited by quanger; 11-14-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're working out for you and I hope they continue to. They look damn good, in fact I'd buy them myself if I didn't have other things to take care of at the moment. I just think it will take a considerable amount of time before any absolute judgment calls can be made (6-12 months).
It's all cool bro, I had my doubt too. But for now, I'm happy with this set compared to other aftermarket sets. Those I didn't even bother. I'm not affiliated to Depo in any shape or form, I wish I am so they can pay me for this haha . But they got these lights right, the thing that distinguished the E60 from the rest. I love the E60 looks.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:04 AM
Members
Senior Members

Hey Q what does LM2 mean.. oh and for all the info. This thread is full of info

Quick Reply: What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?