E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What to do with stock M166 wheels?
Like JOHN (gloss black inside and machine face)
39.02%
Semi-gloss black
21.95%
Matte black
39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

What To DO With My Stock 166 wheels? ANd should I DEBADGE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I have no dispendable cash to purchase $6000 wheels and I really like the M5 wheels. I was thinking of getting the Breyton Race GTSRM wheels but I think the M5 deserve better wheels even though I love them so much. Heck I may buy it next year anyway but for now, what to do about my stockers?

I wanna do it like JOHN but not sure if it will match interlagos blue. Either powdercoat gloss black insides and machine face like JOHN, or semi-gloss black, or matte black. What to do what to do??

Freakin car's still not here yet and I am already buying mods left and right for it. Call me nuts!!! I already have the Hartge Splitters and diffuser, HID angels, 6000K D1S, MTEC License plate lamps, the one and only super crazy ultimate blind you led interior kits which would not be sold in the market, HID reverse, and 2 cans of plasti-tip for the grills and fender gills.

Will order next week is spacers, extended bolts, H&R springs,

Then after I drive the M5, I will order the RPI pulley, RPI full exhaust, RPI scoops and BMC filter, RPI block-off plates. Wanna see how it feels stock for a bit first. haha.

And also, should I debadge the car? I want to!!

Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO NOT DEBADGE. Re-badge with gloss black M5 badge. You better get that car on a dyno before the RPi mods....and those interior LEDs....I'm interested
Old 07-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Krozi
DO NOT DEBADGE. Re-badge with gloss black M5 badge. You better get that car on a dyno before the RPi mods....and those interior LEDs....I'm interested
Nah, I dont really care about dynos unless there are $25 dyno runs! LOL. Those interior LEDs are crazy. Mebbe a little too crazy but heck, who cares??? LOL. I love lights!!!!

Nah. Either stock badge or debadge. I'll prolly debadge. Let's see how the votes go.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

debadge (looks more balanced)

machined face (just looks great)

Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

DO NOT DEBADGE the M!!! john you're crazy - wear that M badge proudly, you've earned it. Get a gloss black one like Marc says and be done with it.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 //M5 AW smg

Congrats on your new ride! My fav color! I would do the badges in blk chrome or Mfest badge.
Keep your 166 and powdercoat in Semi-gloss blk. This will give you the best ride and EDC will still works.
I've tried springs and KW's on 20's and the stock ride was the best. Save money for the power mods!
6 mos later you can get the ESS supercharged! Enjoy your new toy
Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by pjinca
DO NOT DEBADGE the M!!! john you're crazy - wear that M badge proudly, you've earned it. Get a gloss black one like Marc says and be done with it.
+10000000000000
Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlyM5
Congrats on your new ride! My fav color! I would do the badges in blk chrome or Mfest badge.
Keep your 166 and powdercoat in Semi-gloss blk. This will give you the best ride and EDC will still works.
I've tried springs and KW's on 20's and the stock ride was the best. Save money for the power mods!
6 mos later you can get the ESS supercharged! Enjoy your new toy

Wait. EDC doesnt work after springs??????????
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
I don't know how it is with the M5 but for the M3 if you replace the springs the EDC can throw codes...you need cancelers for the codes.....
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 //M5 AW smg

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
It does but just doesn't ride the same.

Quick Reply: What To DO With My Stock 166 wheels? ANd should I DEBADGE?