E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Went from stock to not (Simonized blackout lights and much more!&#

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but looks like you refinished the headlights?
Haha looks can be deceiving, they actually look that awesome on film , but no; no refinish yet but i found a guy on craigslist who will do it next week for me. nothing actually beats seeing them in person with your own eyes its not comparable to any picture I'm so in love with them, that's why I'm actually able to see past that last mishap with out crying LOL. btw how do u like them white led indicators i'm really surprised at how much light it actually let through
Old 10-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by spediegunz
Haha looks can be deceiving, they actually look that awesome on film , but no; no refinish yet but i found a guy on craigslist who will do it next week for me. nothing actually beats seeing them in person with your own eyes its not comparable to any picture I'm so in love with them, that's why I'm actually able to see past that last mishap with out crying LOL. btw how do u like them white led indicators i'm really surprised at how much light it actually let through

Awesome. I think you'll love it even more after refinish, hahaha. While you're at it, see if that guy also applies clear tint over the headlights. Might as well knock down two birds with one stone.

As for the blacked out turn signal piece allowing good lights... Yeah, Nite Shade is something that takes experience to know how to use correctly. Since I've done a bunch of these, I know how to get it to be blacked, yet still let plenty of light to go through.

If you want the brightest white turn signal, I can send you a link to buy these set of high powered LEDs that I have not seen any vendors on here selling.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
If you want the brightest white turn signal, I can send you a link to buy these set of high powered LEDs that I have not seen any vendors on here selling.
yeah I may hit you up about that i'm hoping you come thru ny some day soon to do some more things for me and possibly the brighter ibrows from the racerboss
Old 10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, yah, I have a set of the LED strip that TRS uses. Just not sure on the reliability of them still. Maybe after a few more months and get the feedback from DK and Chris, I would feel more comfortable
Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

Man I love Orions
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wi8123
Man I love Orions
i can't help but to agree with you, they are bright and white, i can't stop looking at them i turn on the angel eyes on during the day so i can see them reflect in someones bumper LOL, truly a great mod. Next I'm thinking about the cic retrofit combox and 6nr but i don't know if i really want to spend the 4.5 grand....
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

With spring right around the corner its mod season again any suggestions on visual mods you think would look nice on my car?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Wheels.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by spediegunz
With spring right around the corner its mod season again any suggestions on visual mods you think would look nice on my car?
Shadowline trim and black badging. Maybe even body colored reflectors instead of blacked.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: Black 2006 530i Premium Package, Navigation, 18in OEM Wheels, Black Leather, Wood Grain Dash

This is such a newbie question, so from i can see and now assume, you can but orions on pre lci headlights?

Quick Reply: Went from stock to not (Simonized blackout lights and much more!&#