E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

want to start mods on my e60

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey whats up guys ...im new to this...just found out about this site and wanna do some things with my car
Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Members

trying to do quad exhaust ...but after going to midas they said its not possible....i know its possible because i see it all over the net
Old 06-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Members

trying to see if anyone knows of a place i can get it done ...i also understand i would have to change my back bumper....i wanna just cut it...i like the one i have and wanna work with this one
Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

That would look terrible.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bryanandavery
hey whats up guys ...im new to this...just found out about this site and wanna do some things with my car
Welcome to the forum!.

trying to do quad exhaust ...but after going to midas they said its not possible....i know its possible because i see it all over the net
There are many options avaliable for quad exhaust such as Umnitza quad exhaust setup that comes with everything you need. Go to Umnitza.com to see their setup. Other options are piecing the exhasut yourself and going to an exhaust shop and having them weld it for you.

trying to see if anyone knows of a place i can get it done ...i also understand i would have to change my back bumper....i wanna just cut it...i like the one i have and wanna work with this one
You could cut it if the body shop wants to get real technical but the recommended option would be to buy a m5 rear bumper, so atleast it looks oem instead of cutting your current one.
Also please don't bring such a beautiful car like an E60 to midas, as all they will cause is a huge headache and dissapointment. Search around for an approved Euro shop.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Before you make a decision, I would advise you to research prior to making a decision. There is a lot of useful information on the forum.

I would definitely refrain from cutting the back bumper to fit quads - I've seen a picture and looks pretty bad. Further, contact the vendors online here and they should be able to get you all the parts for the quad setup. If you want to do it right, I would suggest you get an M5 OEM or replica bumper. You could get an Mtech bumper with dual outlets also (prob more expensive). Good luck!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Welcome to the forum
Old 06-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Best setup if you really want to go Quad is to do the Quad Exhaust we have with the M5 rear bumper we have as a combo package.
It's largely plug and go.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
Best setup if you really want to go Quad is to do the Quad Exhaust we have with the M5 rear bumper we have as a combo package.
It's largely plug and go.
Whats the combo package? PM me if possible.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Best way to go about modding is to just pull everything you have out of savings and start buying anything you can get your hands on now. May as well. Once you start it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop so just go with it!-hahahaha It's a disease.

And for the love of everything holy, DO NOT CUT THAT BUMPER. And yes, it is easy to put quads on E60. You should post your car model and some pics. Makes it easier for members to give you suggestions.

Quick Reply: want to start mods on my e60