E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Voice Input System Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted (and pics!)
Old 01-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Did you get yours installed already???
Old 01-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jan 22 2005, 11:45 AM
Did you get yours installed already???
[snapback]81820[/snapback]
No - but I'll be chasing the dealer on Monday
Old 01-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

UPDATE!!!

Voice recognition button was installed yesterday. Everything works fine according to the dealer.

but...

They are waiting for BMW AG to give my car a new software/car code because with the voicerecognition installed my vehicles stats have changed. Very cool.
So yesterday I wasn't able to pick up my car yet. Hopefully the new code will be faxed by BMW AG today so I can play with my new toy asap.
Dealer told me I was the first dutch specced car that got this aftermarket part.
The language of the voicerecognition is German the tech told me.

I will give an update after I pick it up today (hopefully)..
Old 01-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jan 26 2005, 09:04 AM
[snapback]83117[/snapback]
Good man Keep us posted! I'm going to chase my dealer again today....
Old 01-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jan 26 2005, 09:04 AM
UPDATE!!!

Voice recognition button was installed yesterday. Everything works fine according to the dealer.

but...

They are waiting for BMW AG to give my car a new software/car code because with the voicerecognition installed my vehicles stats have changed. Very cool.
So yesterday I wasn't able to pick up my car yet. Hopefully the new code will be faxed by BMW AG today so I can play with my new toy asap.
Dealer told me I was the first dutch specced car that got this aftermarket part.
The language of the voicerecognition is German the tech told me.

[snapback]83117[/snapback]
Nice one Dennis, happy that you got it eventually, I know how much you wanted it.
Stupid you could not order it immediately. With me it was a no cost option, whereas in the Dutch pricelist it was not mentioned. Either because it's still in German or they want extra money for it as an option, or both.
Someone in Sweden got it working in English, I heard. It's a circus.

BTW, did you ask/could you ask your tech if it was possible to have it English...
(thanks)

Andy.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Contributors

update..

My car is still at the dealer, waiting for the new code from BMW Germany. It also had to do with the software version beeing upgraded to 15.1.1 or something. Dealer hopes my car will be finished tomorrow. I am now driving a nice 318i coupe. Only problem is my wife likes it so much she wants me to buy it.. hehehe..

English not possible as far as the tech told me. But I can always ask again when I pick it up.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:16 AM
Contributors

Picked my car up today!

I think I got the newest software version because I-Drive boots up much faster then it used to do.

Voicerecognition is in German. My german isn't to bad and it works great. Only thing that is difficult for me is to pronounce the dutch names in my phone in a German way so it can call them.
This is such a cool option! I'm really happy with it and know that I will use it very often.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

" Dennis aanrufen " !!!

see...works well man!!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Try english. Mine understands SOME english... Very funny...

Quick Reply: Voice Input System Retrofit