E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Voice Commads

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010 | 10:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
I didn't have to do any of that.....once my phone connects all of my contacts are in there...and I can say "call whoever", and it calls that contact....I didn't have to manually input anything.

Really hmmm Maybe I should try checking with the dealer, that's what I thought at first but I just manually added the names myself.

On a side note....NC, you must be in Sac-town with 916 attached to your screen name? I'm from El Dorado Hills. Hopefully someday I'll relocate back out there
Yupz, ah ic El Dorado Hills ain't to far from me, like 30min drive ahha. It's nice up there.
Old 03-26-2010 | 04:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NC916
Even though your phone is connected to the blue-tooth right and all your contacts shows, you would still have to put the name and number manually. Yes it sucks that you have to manually say the names and number yourself. Think you have to push the button and say your number right. Afterward you say save or save contact and you would have to say name for it and it will save. try that and let me know how it goes
I think you are right. If I say call name. It will ask me to repeat ten times and then shut off. I remember the salesman entering a number manually then using the voice command feature to recall the number and it worked. I just forgot how to enter the names and numbers manually.
Old 03-26-2010 | 05:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by medik13
I think you are right. If I say call name. It will ask me to repeat ten times and then shut off. I remember the salesman entering a number manually then using the voice command feature to recall the number and it worked. I just forgot how to enter the names and numbers manually.
just say dial and enter the number, then say the number afterward you say save or something like that.
Old 03-26-2010 | 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

He's right, you have to manually tell the system the name and number. Like I said, I tried it for a short time and now I just use the BT with my cell. Crap, now you guys go me wanting to try voice command again - lol.
Old 03-26-2010 | 11:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
He's right, you have to manually tell the system the name and number. Like I said, I tried it for a short time and now I just use the BT with my cell. Crap, now you guys go me wanting to try voice command again - lol.
ahah im so use to using the knob i dont even use my voice command since i have no navi =( no point to me
Old 03-26-2010 | 11:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

Originally Posted by medik13
When it doubt, say "help" and the system will list off commands. On non-Nav cars, at least pre-2010 models, you can't voice dial from the phone's address list. You can set up a number (not sure how many) voice dialing numbers manually (stored in the BT module) using the "Save Name" command:

1. {Save name}.
2. Speak the name. The spoken length of the names in the phone book must not exceed approx. 2 seconds.
3. Speak the phone number after being requested to do so by the system.
4. To store the phone number:{Save}.

Once you have stored a name entry, you can dial it using "Dial Name" command, then speaking the name after the prompt.

And just to say what needs to be said (and has been said many times before)... this is all in the manual.

Old 03-26-2010 | 01:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Wpg550
When it doubt, say "help" and the system will list off commands. On non-Nav cars, at least pre-2010 models, you can't voice dial from the phone's address list. You can set up a number (not sure how many) voice dialing numbers manually (stored in the BT module) using the "Save Name" command:

1. {Save name}.
2. Speak the name. The spoken length of the names in the phone book must not exceed approx. 2 seconds.
3. Speak the phone number after being requested to do so by the system.
4. To store the phone number:{Save}.

Once you have stored a name entry, you can dial it using "Dial Name" command, then speaking the name after the prompt.

And just to say what needs to be said (and has been said many times before)... this is all in the manual.