E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Visited ACS

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=thats the best front~~!!! should i just instal and replace the bumper later when my

lease is over???? or ask someone in forum to exchange~~

[/quote]

Jimmy
you can install the front spoiler and once your lease is over you don't need to replace the bumper. just ask someone to takeoff the spoiler and just repaint the lower section of the bumper .dealer won't know it
Old 02-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

Originally Posted by herb' date='Feb 11 2005, 12:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-thats the best front~~!!! should i just instal and replace the bumper later when my

lease is over???? or ask someone in forum to exchange~~</div>

Jimmy
you can install the front spoiler and once your lease is over you don't need to replace the bumper. just ask someone to takeoff the spoiler and just repaint the lower section of the bumper .dealer won't know it
[right+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thats the best front~~!!! should i just instal and replace the bumper later when my

Jimmy
[right)</div><div class='quotemain'>[snapback]89089[/snapback][/right]
but everyone said it's glue so it wont be able to take it out....
Old 02-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' date='Feb 11 2005, 12:26 PM
[quote name='herb' date='Feb 11 2005, 12:31 PM']
<!--QuoteBegin-thats the best front~~!!! should i just instal and replace the bumper later when my

Jimmy
[right+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thats the best front~~!!! should i just instal and replace the bumper later when my

Jimmy
[right)</div><div class='quotemain'>[snapback]89089[/snapback][/right]
but everyone said it's glue so it wont be able to take it out....
[snapback]89151[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah it's glued on but you don't need to glue the whole front spoiler on the bumper.. on mine i only glue part of the spioler that touches the bumper. trust me i've done alot of this and have no problem with it
Old 02-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by igor' date='Feb 11 2005, 07:03 PM
[quote name='andy545' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:01 AM'][quote name='igor' date='Feb 11 2005, 01:57 PM'][quote name='andy545' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:40 AM']Forgot to mention this :

ACS also offers those nice looking aerodynamic side mirrors, currently without the
LED lights under it. However the sales mngr advised me that if I wanted them, that I should wait a month or so, since they will be implementing those LED lights
on their entire BMW side mirror range!?
[snapback]88937[/snapback]
Andy545, I am also fond of ACS. BTW you have autofolding and dimming mirrors.
I understand ACS mirrors do not support autofolding. Is autodimming posssible and cud you fold them at least manually?
[snapback]88965[/snapback]
[/quote]

They fold manually - auto fold...not sure. Not sure about the dimming either.
Will ask the sales mngr soon. I could accept them not auto folding - but I would miss the auto dimming. This would be reason enough not to get them, personally speaking.

But the spoiler is nice - no doubt about it.
[snapback]89067[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have contradicting info from dif sources. Some say everything is supportable except for the autofolding...Some are not even sure about tilting downfunction (better check it too)....
BTW I am going to take a new car with ACS. Do you think ordering autofolding option just for the sake of autodimming (if it is possible with ACS mirrors) is worth 400 EUR0?

Otherwise haveyou seen ACS side skirts? IMHO they do a very good line flaw with the front ad. There are nice chrome inserts for them too.
[snapback]89081[/snapback]
[/quote]

Igor, I just had a look at the prices for the mirrors. 340euros a piece. IMO, just too much for them. The ACS mirrors look good, but I would prefer to get my Vmax speed on my ECU increased for that money.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Contributors

...and regarding the side skirts..I saw them too - nice, but for me the front spoiler is a good and worthwhile start. Next for me would possibly be a Hamann muffler.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

I dunno, I like ACS styling but I wish BMW had a tuner like Lorinser that gives BMW a touch of luxury. Something like a Lorinser DTM style but for BMW would be sex
Old 02-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Andy 545,

Do know the working hours for ACS in Aachen? Is it possible to visit them on Saturday
and have a demonstration of all their products, fitted cars?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Contributors

I agree the ACS looks really good, but I have yet to see one installed with the ACC.

If someone gets a chance to talk to some high ups, could you find out what they do with ACC equiped cars or are we SOL.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Feb 24 2005, 03:27 PM
I agree the ACS looks really good, but I have yet to see one installed with the ACC.?

If someone gets a chance to talk to some high ups, could you find out what they do with ACC equiped cars or are we SOL.
[snapback]93984[/snapback]
I think no chance with ACC. Apparently they consider it's not worth it taking into account: 1) how many cars are equipped with ACC 2) it is fairly difficult and costly to incorporate it in their front bumper 3) even if they manage it the look will suffer like it is with M-kit bumper.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Contributors

According to their Feb 2005 newsletter, an ACC adapter is now available for
the E60 ACS front spoiler. However you can't get the chromeline set installed.

Price are euro incl. taxes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ACS_Newsletter_Feb2005.pdf (46.3 KB, 103 views)

Quick Reply: Visited ACS