E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Visited ACS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Today I was in Aachen, Germany - home of ACS. I visited, I think the biggest BMW dealer in Germany ( Kohl ) , ACS was housed together with them.

I have been considering the front spoiler addon from ACS did a lot of search on the forum - at first I wasn't sure, but today, having seen it on a black 545i like mine - there was no doubt I was impressed . I've also seen the M front bumper in real life, looks good, however I think somehow the lines flow smoother from top to bottom on the ACS.
Has a balanced aggressive look to it. There is also a chrome add-on for the bottom of the inlet mouth that gived it a classy look.

Here, the install procedure was explained as follows:

Painting + installation : You order in advance the color your car has, and they spray paint it. ( If car is older than a 15 months they advise whole bumper to be spray painted ).

2 days later :

Installation takes 2 hours, it is glued and bolted from underneath. Painting and install is 250 euros ( $325 ) - I would let them do it. Total price 833 euros
($1080). All work and material - under warranty. They install in the morning and you pick up in the evening...to let the glue set somewhat. For this they offered me a 1 series for a day's sightseeing and a software update on the 545i. Yes on the 1 series, hold the software update..

Anyway, excellent service, and overly convinced regarding the quality of this product.

Will seriously consider it when I change back to summer wheels/tires setup in a couple of months.

PS. added a couple of pics for reference.
Attached Thumbnails Visited ACS-prospekt_acs5_deutsch1__large_.jpg   Visited ACS-prospekt_acs5_deutsch_page_5yig__large_.jpg  
Old 02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
JDN
Contributors

That will look good, Andy. Looks good on Titanium Silver, too.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

That lady's definitely got good taste! :winkcool:
Old 02-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

I wish we had ACS in our dealerships :'(
Old 02-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

thats the best front~~!!! should i just instal and replace the bumper later when my

lease is over???? or ask someone in forum to exchange~~
Old 02-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Sweet.... I want that side skirt !
Old 02-11-2005, 02:40 AM
Contributors

Forgot to mention this :

ACS also offers those nice looking aerodynamic side mirrors, currently without the
LED lights under it. However the sales mngr advised me that if I wanted them, that I should wait a month or so, since they will be implementing those LED lights
on their entire BMW side mirror range!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:40 AM
Forgot to mention this :

ACS also offers those nice looking aerodynamic side mirrors, currently without the
LED lights under it. However the sales mngr advised me that if I wanted them, that I should wait a month or so, since they will be implementing those LED lights
on their entire BMW side mirror range!?
[snapback]88937[/snapback]
Andy545, I am also fond of ACS. BTW you have autofolding and dimming mirrors.
I understand ACS mirrors do not support autofolding. Is autodimming posssible and cud you fold them at least manually?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by igor' date='Feb 11 2005, 01:57 PM
[quote name='andy545' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:40 AM']Forgot to mention this :

I understand ACS mirrors do not support autofolding. Is autodimming posssible and cud you fold them at least manually?
[snapback]88965[/snapback]
[/quote]

They fold manually - auto fold...not sure. Not sure about the dimming either.
Will ask the sales mngr soon. I could accept them not auto folding - but I would miss the auto dimming. This would be reason enough not to get them, personally speaking.

But the spoiler is nice - no doubt about it.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Feb 11 2005, 11:01 AM
[quote name='igor' date='Feb 11 2005, 01:57 PM'][quote name='andy545' date='Feb 11 2005, 05:40 AM']Forgot to mention this :

[snapback]88965[/snapback]
[/quote]

They fold manually - auto fold...not sure. Not sure about the dimming either.
Will ask the sales mngr soon. I could accept them not auto folding - but I would miss the auto dimming. This would be reason enough not to get them, personally speaking.

But the spoiler is nice - no doubt about it.
[snapback]89067[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have contradicting info from dif sources. Some say everything is supportable except for the autofolding...Some are not even sure about tilting downfunction (better check it too)....
BTW I am going to take a new car with ACS. Do you think ordering autofolding option just for the sake of autodimming (if it is possible with ACS mirrors) is worth 400 EUR0?

Otherwise haveyou seen ACS side skirts? IMHO they do a very good line flaw with the front ad. There are nice chrome inserts for them too.

Quick Reply: Visited ACS