E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

vinyl wrap sample comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys I figured I'd share this with you I received some samples of vinyl to help me make a choice on what colors I like for my interior i recorded the different ones i chose but there are so many different choices. I would say before you make an order for a large amount you should definitely get some samples because I was quite surprised on what I got in comparison to what image you see on a computer screen so without further a due.

update: so i used the little piece of dinoc sample cf and wrapped my gear shifter I don't care because I'm changing it anyway but I have no experience and i did a 5 minute job and I grade myself a 6 out of 10 of course i didn't take time to properly do my edges but i just wanted to play around with it. I tried using the dinoc cf and the 1080 brushed aluminum id say that the dinoc is definitely more user friendly it was tougher and didn't rip as quick as the 1080

Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i Sport Pkg. Stock, for now...

which one did you decide on.

i didnt watch the whole video, so if that was the punchline, forgive me
Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by blackvenom5
which one did you decide on.

i didnt watch the whole video, so if that was the punchline, forgive me
LOL i know i guess it was kinda long in hind sight but i know I'm going with the dinoc cf for sure but the second color i don't know yet
Old 06-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

I did some soul searching last night because I really didn't like the look of the brushed aluminum and I found someone elses pictures of brushed titanium I think I'm going to go with that instead because it looks a bit darker more metal like.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5764420&type=1
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i Sport Pkg. Stock, for now...

i am going through the same process. i started with the brushed steel, and then got the brushed black. i think what kills both of them is that it's on a metallic flake vinyl, not a solid. so you get the brushed metal effect plus random flake. which isn't something you find in real aluminum trim.

i am still on the fence about the di-noc, but it seems to be the front runner.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Ronald, is the brushed aluminum similar to brushed steel? I have been procrastinating on ordering the brushed steel ever since I saw DK's wrap thread. But if it's so shiny and gleans off so much light, I am not sure I am a fan.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

No the brushed steel is way darker less light bounces off imo... Funny you mention dk I got to see his car in person this weekend I like the steel look but wanted something lighter so i ordered a sample of the aluminum because I loved how it looked in antti's car. But I think he used something different from the 1080 because it either wasn't the same or just didn't look the same in person. I'll tell you what I'm ordering another sample of the brushed series when I'm done with it ill send it to you so you can make up your mind.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Di-noc is for indoor\outdoor use. I think 1080 is for indoor only. As far as black CF goes, I prefer the 1080. It's a bit shinier than the Di-noc and looks more realistic than Di-noc (IMO). 1080 still has that 3D look that Di-noc has.

You can go to metrorestyling.com and by samples for $1.99...then but it from autovinylsolutions.com for the final size you want (cheaper).

I bought a bunch of samples. But to be honest, the brushed metal samples didn't look that good to me. Looking at pics from a computer or from a distance looks okay, but sitting in the front seats and holding the samples up to the dash...looks like plastic stickers.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Funny, my four samples arrived yesterday as well. I currently have the CF 3M dinoc on the interior parts and was considering something CF in silver or pewter. NOT! Thanks God for samples. I can't begin to explain what the pewter and silver looked like in the car. I will be sticking with what I currently have.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

Can you post pics?

Quick Reply: vinyl wrap sample comparisons