E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Vinyl Roof Wrap & M-Tech Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013 | 02:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

+n on the gloss black. I think you should wrap the fin as well. If not, to me the car will look too "accessorised" if you know what I mean. "HEY LOOK THERE'S THE FIN!!!" feel...
Old 05-24-2013 | 05:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by kurtb23

TLO, very nice I like the matte, it doesn't stick out too much with the paint and window? my only issue is that it doesn't blend in as well...

TLO, how much did those mirrors run you?
Thanks I love it, I begged the installer /freind to wrap my roof gloss and he wouldn't and he waited til i agreed to matte. his reason was there is nothing else glossy on the car headlight backing, grilles trim is all matte .. i told him sunroof and mirrors was his problem handle it...
and he did. Im not sure if you are saying it doesn't match but every car show i have to open it b/c no believes that its still functional opened the door 20 times at bimmerfest just so people could see light still passes.. I recently thanked my freind so much cuz i saw a white e90 white gloss and i wasn't impressed at all..
More pics cuz im a wagon whore..

I got my mirrors from this guy .
EuroActive.com - Buy Genuine BMW & Land Rover Parts and Accessories Online

They were a couple hundred cheaper then and he threw in a m5 idrive selector expensive but its the only mod i use and look at every time i drive.

Last edited by TLO03; 05-25-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2013 | 05:48 PM
Contributors

Got to admit the matte does look nice on your car as well.

On a side note. Everytime I see a pic of your car it makes me want to install my OEM Mtech splitters!
Old 05-26-2013 | 11:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: 09' BMW 528i xDrive

Hmm those mirrors are a bit too rich for my blood at least at the moment, they look good but I sort of like the boxy regular ones...

As for the roof I think I agree you with Balbs the white fin would stick out a bit and just be too on/off with black/white. I'm still 50/50 on the matte vs gloss...

Before I do either of those I want to get the front bumper replaced, spoke with the shop that did my clear bra and it would be $350 to re-wrap just the bumper so not bad, got to see if anyone would buy my OEM bumper with the clear bra but that may be wishful thinking...

TLO, is yours the M5-Tech bumper? or just the M-Tech? I spoke with Umnitza and I think I would go for the M5-Tech on mine, don't really NEED the sideskirts or rear bumper upgrades as i've seen a few people on the forum say they like just having the regular skirts and rear bumper and it looks fine.

What do y'all think??
Old 05-26-2013 | 02:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Personally I've heard to many bad things about Umnitza to give them any money but that's my personal opinion... Mine bumper is oem MTech.. And just the front is good..
Old 05-26-2013 | 04:45 PM
Contributors

For the M5Tech front, I would get it from Trinity Autosport.
Old 05-29-2013 | 02:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

IMO, if you do matte, then go with the carbon look. I think this looks very nice and I agree would match up with your other mods. If you decide to go non carbon, then gloss black looks very nice as well. I have a painted gloss black roof and tossed the ideas around for a long time and finally just did it. I love it. The shark fin should go black as well. I left mine white for a week and I really stands out in a bad way. From the front it look ok, but not from the rear.
Old 05-29-2013 | 10:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: 09' BMW 528i xDrive

I appreciate all the help and opinions guys.

TLO I have heard good and bad things about most of the vendors that post on this forum so I am a bit skeptical all around... good to know that it will look fine with just the front, may splurge and get the back too but side skirts may be a future project.

I guess I should start looking for a decent priced OEM M-Tech front bumper... also want the M5 style lip spoiler but may get a replica as that piece is less likely to have fitment issues.

Tony, I think if I do it I will go for gloss and do the fin as well. Good to know you left it and then didn't like it so changed it.

In terms of the look of the M-Tech vs M5-Tech what is the REAL difference? They look near identical to me and when I try to search for images they all look the same...

ALSO, if I do get the roof gloss black and want to get a rear window spoiler would I want Sapphire Black or Jet Black? Anyone know which to do to get the color match well?

Last edited by kurtb23; 05-29-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2013 | 12:14 PM
Contributors

M5Tech vs. MTech:

https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...bumper-126905/
Old 05-29-2013 | 12:18 PM
Contributors

Also OEM M5 front is wider and do not have foglights. You would need OEM M5 Fenders which are wider to make it fit and look right. M5Tech replicas have foglights.

You have a wider choice of front lips and spoilers if you go with OEM M5 or OEM MTech front. M5Tech maybe one or two.

Quick Reply: Vinyl Roof Wrap & M-Tech Front Bumper