E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Video over I-Drive (Europe)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Hi Guys

I think I said this before somewhere....

When Dominic sends out these units, he uses UPS I think, and on the customs declaration forms and invoices, he SENSIBLY puts down the unit as:

"Used electronic parts - value USD 25"

I have received 2 items from him over the last 3 months and in each case I DID NOT have to pay a thing to HM Customs and Excise. No import duty, no VAT.

Assuming that European countries operate in roughly the same ways, I think that you guys will be OK when you order this interface from him.

Another illustration, I ordered some parts from another US company and had it delivered to Prague (having asked the company to do something similar - same result, no VAT charged at receiving end).

Hope that helps

All the Best

Hobi
Old 05-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Members

My Ride: [b]1993 Toyota Supra MKIV (6-speed Targa top) - SP67DBB Single Turbo[/b]

Originally Posted by petri' date='May 16 2005, 08:31 AM
Hi,

For us European guys this place http://www.tvfree-modules.com/ offers also a module for e60 video stuff.

I got following answer:
----------
Yes - we do have such a module for the new 5-series E60/E61.
It will be connected to the monitor and has a generic composite video input.
You can switch between the i-drive video signal and the external video input.
price is € 349,00
---------------

I'm waiting for further information from them bout this solution.

Has anyone got any experiences about their products ?
[snapback]129093[/snapback]
I have their video module in my car so I can watch DVD's on my iDrive monitor. I was the first to have it installed in Holland (Nov 04). After that my dealer tried to order several more modules for his other customers. There was no reaction at all until a few weeks (Apr 05) ago the Germans answered that their price had tripled to something like 995 Euro! The module works fine. Only the supplied connectors were wrong so it was not exactly a plug and play type installation as was promised.
I suggest you are careful with them. The Americans sound like a safer bet.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Members

Cool

Hi Everyone
We have alot of units in stock and don't play any games with prices like some other companies have done. As you can see from what you have read we are a reliable company and have a product that works. Feel free to call us anytime at 718-763-7367.
Thanks Dominic www.navwithtv.com

Originally Posted by Flavio' date='May 25 2005, 02:35 PM
[quote name='petri' date='May 16 2005, 08:31 AM']Hi,

For us European guys this place http://www.tvfree-modules.com/ offers also a module for e60 video stuff.

I got following answer:
----------
Yes - we do have such a module for the new 5-series E60/E61.
It will be connected to the monitor and has a generic composite video input.
You can switch between the i-drive video signal and the external video input.
price is ? 349,00
---------------

I'm waiting for further information from them bout this solution.

Has anyone got any experiences about their products ?
[snapback]129093[/snapback]
I have their video module in my car so I can watch DVD's on my iDrive monitor. I was the first to have it installed in Holland (Nov 04). After that my dealer tried to order several more modules for his other customers. There was no reaction at all until a few weeks (Apr 05) ago the Germans answered that their price had tripled to something like 995 Euro! The module works fine. Only the supplied connectors were wrong so it was not exactly a plug and play type installation as was promised.
I suggest you are careful with them. The Americans sound like a safer bet.
[snapback]133130[/snapback]
[/quote]