E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Velocity unit Installed - First in the UK!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Hello

please confirm if the velocity unit was used whilst the car was remapped. I also have a 520d which hs been remapped and like the sound of this unit but want to know if it will make much of an improvement on a remapped 520d. Also has anyone thought about if this will cause any long term issues with the car.

I might have to take up your offer visiting you in Surbition as I'm always in Kingston and would love to know what this feels like before I buy (possibly after you have the rpi scoop installed)
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='921139' date='Jun 23 2009, 02:13 PM
I'm a little confused.

BMW did the remap for your car? I thought you were going with ChippedUK?

How did BMW determine that it was much slower? If it's by their seat-of-the-pants feel, didn't you feel the same effect?

Did you try removing the Velocity unit after your car was remapped to see if you felt any difference?

With the SB, it still works great on top of a software remap.
Let me clarify:

My car was remapped by ChippedUK, but I've taken it in to BMW 3 times in the last 3 months. The techie at BMW said that my car was the fastest 520d he's ever been in.
Since some of the modules in the car were faulty they had to reflash the whole car - and the remap was over ridden. At this point I actually had Velocity installed, whilst the ECU was stock - of course I've taken out Velocity so they can't blame anything on that.

I can't commend on Velocity with a remap since I haven't tried it - but Wilson (the guy I bought it from) said it will really improve once the car has been remapped again. Remember that Velocity only improves the throttle lag, a remap makes the car more powerful - and they both work in harmony together.

I honestly cannot remember what my car was like with the remapped ECU (bare in mind that I haven't really driven my car for the last 3 months as its been with BMW for 2 months). Also I've been driving an SL55, so anything seems slow in comparison. I'll post up again once my car has been flashed by ChippedUK again.

Hello

please confirm if the velocity unit was used whilst the car was remapped. I also have a 520d which hs been remapped and like the sound of this unit but want to know if it will make much of an improvement on a remapped 520d. Also has anyone thought about if this will cause any long term issues with the car.

I might have to take up your offer visiting you in Surbition as I'm always in Kingston and would love to know what this feels like before I buy (possibly after you have the rpi scoop installed)

As above - I've only tested the car with stock ECU and Velocity - Where did you get your car remapped?
I'm 100% that it will make an ever bigger improvement to the response than the remap did.

I can't see any long term issues occurring - after all its not changing the engine, just removing delays - and if we look at the history of SB nothing has happened to car that use this - velocity is just an adjustable SB after all.

Sure come on down, I'll take you for a spin!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

im trying to purchase on unit but the vendor still has not replied back.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Members

He did tell me that he flying around alot - so it could be he just in the air.
Have you PM on here or on the SG forums?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

sent PM here
Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Members

Try contacting him on this forum: http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/uuc-parts-wil...le-booster.html

If that doesn't work then he must be in flight.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Got a remap from B&W Chiptune in Hounslow. I'll be tempted to come see you once you have the RPI scoop
Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A fast one!

Hi Guys,

We are in final stages of talks with the Velocity Manufacturing directly. Group Buy will come tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Stay Tuned.

Thanks
Eric
PYSpeed.com
Old 06-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by h2009' post='913496' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:45 PM
Here's the picture of the unit installed:
Attachment 82188
your door is on the wrong side of your pedals
Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com' post='922352' date='Jun 24 2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

We are in final stages of talks with the Velocity Manufacturing directly. Group Buy will come tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Stay Tuned.

Thanks
Eric
PYSpeed.com
Eric, how about giving a fellow NorCal member a chance to test this unit once you get one in?

Quick Reply: Velocity unit Installed - First in the UK!