E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

v710 Snap in Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Has anyone had this snap in cradle installed successfully for the Motorola V710. I dropped my 2005 545i off to have this snap in adapter installed in the center console. I have already successfully paired and have full function bluetooth. I just want the power supply in the center console. My local BMW dealer says they don't know how to make that adapter work. They ordered in the part, but don't know what to do with the part. They said it must plug into or attach to another part. They said that BMW has not provided any further documentation. Can anyone help? Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I am trying the same thing with a V551 myself. The dealer knew nothing about the parts or installation. I ordered the parts, 2 have come, the thrird is not here yet.
Also, there are some posts here with nice images.
It looks like you need a total of 3 pieces, the adapter, a frame, and some other adapter with the cable.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, kp545i !
Old 03-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, kp545i !
Old 03-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 530i, stick, jet black, auburn leather, cold weather, premium, premium sound, sport pckg, rear airbags, fold-down rear seats, heated rear seats, PDC, xenons, adaptive headlights, ACC, nav, HUD, sat radio. Winter tires: 124's + Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 run-flats

Originally Posted by kp545i' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:37 PM
Has anyone had this snap in cradle installed successfully for the Motorola V710.? I dropped my 2005 545i off to have this snap in adapter installed in the center console.? I have already successfully paired and have full function bluetooth.? I just want the power supply in the center console.? My local BMW dealer says they don't know how to make that adapter work.? They ordered in the part, but don't know what to do with the part.? They said it must plug into or attach to another part.? They said that BMW has not provided any further documentation.? Can anyone help?? Thanks
[snapback]96350[/snapback]
My BMW dealer is saying the same thing: he needs other part numbers to figure out what this adaptor fits in to. Anyone had this installed successfully yet? If so, do you have a list of part numbers?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by TBell' date='Mar 7 2005, 02:36 PM
[quote name='kp545i' date='Mar 2 2005, 09:37 PM']Has anyone had this snap in cradle installed successfully for the Motorola V710.? I dropped my 2005 545i off to have this snap in adapter installed in the center console.? I have already successfully paired and have full function bluetooth.? I just want the power supply in the center console.? My local BMW dealer says they don't know how to make that adapter work.? They ordered in the part, but don't know what to do with the part.? They said it must plug into or attach to another part.? They said that BMW has not provided any further documentation.? Can anyone help?? Thanks
[snapback]96350[/snapback]
My BMW dealer is saying the same thing: he needs other part numbers to figure out what this adaptor fits in to. Anyone had this installed successfully yet? If so, do you have a list of part numbers?
[snapback]98278[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am still waiting for my stuff to come in. It seems my parts guy isn't very happy about the fact that I want to do thys myself.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Contributors

Please keep this thread updated. I am experiencing these same exact issues with my V600. My dealer ordered the cradle but hasn't a clue how to install it or if I need another part. I'll keep the thread posted with my progress.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Not specific to this phone/adapter - But I have been working the v551 issue. Just got off the phone with my parts guy. He claimed BMW was telling him things are not all set up yet for power/antenna for my Bluetooth phone. Said they did not have adapter yet. Well I have the adapter and form and fit are excellent to the phone. I also know from Motorolas site that pin outs are the same in the v6xx/v5xx series. I have not really tried to check the v710, sorry. What is not know is what else is needed. I asked him to check latest and greatest for eject box as we have had at least two different part numbers for this part on this forum. He looked up latest info and had the same old 84 11 6 946 537 with frame 51 16 7 060 175. I asked him to double check a part number provided by ??? ( I cannot locate just now) of 84 21 6 946 075 and he could not find such an animal.

So where we left it was, he has two eject boxes in stock. He will set one aside one and when I go pick up my 6er from the shop we will try a fit check of the snap in adapter to eject box. If we think this is a mate then I will have to schedule them to o the next step and install eject box and connect antenna/power to it, then simply snap in (I hope) the adapter and watch everything work. Tentative estimate for my car being ready is Thursday, 10 March, late in the PM. I'll update with my findings then which shouyd only be whether or not the two boxes will mate with each other.

I think I need to place this in a couple of other threads as well.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

My dealer got my T610 snap in adapter to work. It now charged the phone and uses the outside antenna. I have two phones. When I tried to put my V710 snap-in adapter in it would not charge the phone. My car goes back in on Friday to have this fixed. My SA said that he would give me the exact steps that they used to get both the T610 and V710 to work with their snap-in adapters. I will post what they tell me. I will also post pictures and a list of the three parts that you have to order for US Spec cars. You actually only have to order two parts that are identical for all US spec cars. The third is the actual snap-in that is made to fit your phone.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 AM

SA is telling me that the part number for the V710 is not for the TCU's on the 2005 with the integrated bluetooth ULF. I am not buying this so I am on the phone with others. Will keep people updated. I am thinking that it is the TCU base plate that the snap-in plugs into that is the problem. Will advise......

Quick Reply: v710 Snap in Adapter