E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Using the aux in on the rear to play musing from your phone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since i have just aux in on the rear i'm looking for options to play music to the car stereo from my phone.
If i connect the phone with a cable with 3.5mm jacks on both ends to the aux in, (the phone has 3.5mm audio out) will that allow me to scroll and play music from the iDrive or ill have to do it on the phone?

Also is there a bluetooth device that i can plugin to the aux in on the back and pair with my phone, so i won't have to hava a cable through the half car?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can play music, but you won't be able to control it via iDrive. I currently have the same setup.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Fking
Since i have just aux in on the rear i'm looking for options to play music to the car stereo from my phone.
If i connect the phone with a cable with 3.5mm jacks on both ends to the aux in, (the phone has 3.5mm audio out) will that allow me to scroll and play music from the iDrive or ill have to do it on the phone?

Also is there a bluetooth device that i can plugin to the aux in on the back and pair with my phone, so i won't have to hava a cable through the half car?
I also use the aux input to play music/audio books from my phone, but you have to use your phone to control it. There are some options for a bluetooth setup that plugs into the aux port. Check Amazon. I think Blackberry makes one that is pretty nice, but a little expensive. Belkin also makes one.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Members

I love my car, but the aux connection has me scratching my head. All that research and development and they couldn't come up with a better way to connect an ipod? Why in the world did they put the input in the back seat? There is plenty of space on the dash or center console. Just bad engineering. There is a kit you can buy that turns the ashtray into an ipod dock.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by notopm3
I love my car, but the aux connection has me scratching my head. All that research and development and they couldn't come up with a better way to connect an ipod? Why in the world did they put the input in the back seat? There is plenty of space on the dash or center console. Just bad engineering. There is a kit you can buy that turns the ashtray into an ipod dock.
There is also an ipod interface available to be retrofitted into a glovebox. You can use the ipod via idrive with the interface .

- Antti -
Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Members

I just ordered a nice bluetooth receiver that plugs into the aux in and pairs with your phone, it has built in battery that's supposed to last up to 8 hours and is about $30
too bad i won't be able to use the idrive though
Old 04-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Anzafin
There is also an ipod interface available to be retrofitted into a glovebox. You can use the ipod via idrive with the interface .

- Antti -
How does that work? links?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

How does that work? links?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...21&hg=65&fg=95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCJUIsDmwEQ

- Antti -
Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Members

I just ordered a nice bluetooth receiver that plugs into the aux in and pairs with your phone, it has built in battery that's supposed to last up to 8 hours and is about $30
too bad i won't be able to use the idrive though
Can you post a link?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by notopm3
Can you post a link?

yeah sure
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280866556039...84.m1423.l2649

thanks Anzafin!

Quick Reply: Using the aux in on the rear to play musing from your phone?