E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Updated pics of 545i

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Black. Premium, Sport, Winter packages. PDC.

Here are a few daytime pics from my blackberry. Sound clips will come soon (can't figure out how to send video from phone to youtube) and "official" photo shoot to come after Vorsteiner is installed. Also, thinking of changing roundels back to original blue and white or black and white. Advice please. Thanks.

Updated pics of 545i-bmw7.jpg
Updated pics of 545i-bmw6.jpg
Updated pics of 545i-bmw5.jpg
Updated pics of 545i-bmw4.jpg
Updated pics of 545i-bmw1.jpg
Updated pics of 545i-bmw2.jpg
Updated pics of 545i-bmw3.jpg
Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Lookin good!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I think it looks good with a few things. First, the grill looks better with some contrast. I don't think the all black looks good at all since it makes the grill disappear (3rd pic). Secondly, I think you need some LEDs for turn signals to get rid of that egg yolk effect! Lastly, which depending on your application, maybe you can't do anything about is the tails. I am not feeling it, but maybe you're going with the blacked out look (which wouldn't be dark enough, lol).
Old 02-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I think it looks good with a few things. First, the grill looks better with some contrast. I don't think the all black looks good at all since it makes the grill disappear (3rd pic). Secondly, I think you need some LEDs for turn signals to get rid of that egg yolk effect! Lastly, which depending on your application, maybe you can't do anything about is the tails. I am not feeling it, but maybe you're going with the blacked out look (which wouldn't be dark enough, lol).

Please don't hold back Simon.

Krav, come out and meet some of the local guys.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

You have an additional piece that is attached to the rear bumper exactly between the quad tips -- It is right below the cut out of the bumper - Can you tell me what that is called and where I can get one.

I have the quad setup also but want to get that piece.

Nice car, I like the front grill thats black. I guess will take mine off and spray it myself (lol)
Old 02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Contributors

Lol, I tried not to!

Obviously Vic, you do what you think looks good
Old 02-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black. Premium, Sport, Winter packages. PDC.

Simon,
Thanks for the advice. At first, I wanted the murdered out look. But as time passed, I still wanted a contrast to make the black pop out more. I will be changing my roundels to black and white. I also found some black and white wheel caps from London. The tails will be taken cared of in time with LCI tails. How do I change the yolk look?

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Please don't hold back Simon.

Krav, come out and meet some of the local guys.
Gerry's Grille it is!!! Soon!!!

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
You have an additional piece that is attached to the rear bumper exactly between the quad tips -- It is right below the cut out of the bumper - Can you tell me what that is called and where I can get one.

I have the quad setup also but want to get that piece.

Nice car, I like the front grill thats black. I guess will take mine off and spray it myself (lol)
The piece in the rear is called a rear spoiler by Hartge. The one I have is a rep. These, from what I was told, would only fit on OEM M5 rears.

Lol, I tried not to!

Obviously Vic, you do what you think looks good
Thanks again Simon.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

your car looks great! it just needs to wax and maybe a M5 trunk finisher.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 LCI 535i sport M5 umnitza full kit, Maya RM 1 245/35/20 20x9 et16, 275/30/20 20x10.5 et17, Future mods- KW coilovers V3 and StopTech brake

Can't wait to hear the sound clip!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krav E60
Simon,
Thanks for the advice. At first, I wanted the murdered out look. But as time passed, I still wanted a contrast to make the black pop out more. I will be changing my roundels to black and white. I also found some black and white wheel caps from London. The tails will be taken cared of in time with LCI tails. How do I change the yolk look?
For the wheel caps, unless you're looking for the actual wheel cap, Trinity has the decals for the black and white. Might be easier to remove if you're not feeling it (plus cheaper as well).

As for the yolk look in the signal area, just change out the stock amber bulbs to LED. I can code the car to not require resistors so you won't get error on iDrive. It'll look better, and brighter as well (as long as you don't pick up crappy LEDs, lol).

Quick Reply: Updated pics of 545i