E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Updated B-Pillar - M5 style ::)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Originally Posted by deansimpson
I'm thinking about ordering this product but I definitely want all of the trim to match.
How easy is it to remove the trim for painting?
Or would wrapping it with gloss shadowline trim tape be a better option?
I think there is a DIY on trim and seems pretty easy just gotta be more careful and not bend the trim, but taking it off seems pretty easy. I am going to have a body shop paint mine, but I think the whole matte phase is over.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Actually, I think it does get in the way of taking the trim off on the bottom of the window if you applied this on prior. I'll have to double check when I get to my car.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Actually, I think it does get in the way of taking the trim off on the bottom of the window if you applied this on prior. I'll have to double check when I get to my car.
My question was how easy is it to remove the pieces that go around and under the windows for painting.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

Originally Posted by sachal007
I think there is a DIY on trim and seems pretty easy just gotta be more careful and not bend the trim, but taking it off seems pretty easy. I am going to have a body shop paint mine, but I think the whole matte phase is over.
I agree. I like the gloss look a lot.
My next project!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by deansimpson
My question was how easy is it to remove the pieces that go around and under the windows for painting.
I looked at it earlier this evening. It seems that it may block it a little bit, but for the most part, it should still be able to come apart. Though I would say it would be wise to do the trim first, as you risk possibly scratching this glossy black surface if you're trying to remove or install the trim.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just purchased this from eBay. Thanks again for sharing this with us. Can't wait to get this installed.

I currently have the chrome trim, however I purchased a gloss black vinyl wrap from BMWShadowline. I am hoping to get this installed this weekend.