E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Orion V4 Upgrade not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

If you have any power source that is 12v, you can basically attach leads to that and use it.

After that, attach positive to pin 1 on the headlight socket, and negative to pin 4. This should light up the angel eyes. If it's not, it is very probable that they have mis-soldered (or however they put together the two black wires to the red and brown wires going into the white box).

So try switching those two around, and re-test.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

The customer sent us his LCI Halogen lights.
We test the Orion V4 (and V2) at the point of opening our new kit. At the 3 points during install, and 1 final test point prior to shipment.

The original shipment arrived to MC (original poster) and was not working. We offered to have it fixed, so received the lights to fix. After we had opened and fixed (a bad connection on the ground pin, it was recrimped) the customer wanted us to do the "eyebrow" mod. This is something we were not comfortable doing at the time on those lights.

The customer made arrangements to ship the lights down to Chris at RepublicWrapz. At the time of our shipping (unfinished) lights to Chris, all the rings were operating properly. It's highly unlikely that after Chris' work that the rings wouldn't be working, Chris wouldn't send back a set that wasn't fully tested either.

So we believe there is a bad connection that came undone during shipping and are trying to diagnose this privately with the customer. There has yet to be a single failure of any V4 rings anywhere, so it's unlikely (we hope) that something would have caused this to happen that isn't easily fixable.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Contributors

Thanks for letting us know more of the story.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Thanks for letting us know more of the story.
And the plot thickens.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by FatBoy209
they did the same thing to my cousins car, now im scared to take them over there lol hearing another problem from them, but im lucky i stay here in stockton cali not that far from them. call and talk to tim hes really cool, they usually test them out before they send them back, just curious how much did they charge you for the install? how much did you pay for shipping?

Yeah Tim is really cool. I have dealt a lot with him in the past. The price I paid for the install would of been a lot different than anyone else. I had a few other problems before that they just credited me by deducting from this job. The shipping was $60
Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

just curious, wouldn't the amount of shock one would have driving on bad roads, speed bumps, dips and what not be as much as a headlight would take during shipping?

i would assume that whether it came undone while shipping, eventually it would happen during everyday driving.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
If you have any power source that is 12v, you can basically attach leads to that and use it.

After that, attach positive to pin 1 on the headlight socket, and negative to pin 4. This should light up the angel eyes. If it's not, it is very probable that they have mis-soldered (or however they put together the two black wires to the red and brown wires going into the white box).

So try switching those two around, and re-test.
Hey man, I really appreciate you walking me through these steps. I just want to make sure that I am understanding the terminology you are using correctly. When you refer to pin 1 and pin4 on the headlight socket, I don't think I clearly understand what you mean?

Thanks, Martin

Last edited by cambee1; 05-20-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by roskinc
just curious, wouldn't the amount of shock one would have driving on bad roads, speed bumps, dips and what not be as much as a headlight would take during shipping?

i would assume that whether it came undone while shipping, eventually it would happen during everyday driving.
False. Depending on how it's packed, and a level of good/back luck, I have seen some serious damage from shipping.

So no, vibration and shock from the road is not the same from shipping.