E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza m5tech kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

I recently purchased m5tech front sides and mtech rear from umnitza.
Im get down to it and tell you some pros and cons bout them.

Pros:
All i can say is they try to help... (But have no idea about their own products)...

Cons:
1. Prep is horrible on the bumpers. Needed to pay extra for more work.
2. Fog projector was broken when i got it. Replaced me with wrong side. Wouldnt send me the right side till i send them back.
3. Sent me the wrong mtech diffusor. I had my shop send me a video of it with pictures since umnitza needed proof. After i send them the video with proof they still wouldnt send me a new one till i send them back the wrong diffusor..... I dont think they check what they send out. Had to pay them deposit for the mtech diffusor to get them to send it out.
4. Fitment was around 90% good.. Needed lot of work on the front to make it fit.. Short side( when i was promised that this would be checked before shipping).. Mtech diffusor is pretty off... Doesnt sit flush with the bumper..
5.They never sent me the tow hitch cover on the mtech rear...

Im glad this is over though.
Never want to deal with them.......
Old 03-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

go pay a visit to motorcepts. im sure john will be able to source a oem kit for you
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Members

You're not the only one.

I just purchased the MTech front bumper and they sent me the M5 Front bumper.....

This is what I bought:

This is what was shipped:

I'm contacting them in a few minutes. To make things worse, I am in a rental car and will have to pay extra for the rental because Umnitza shipped the wrong parts.....AGAIN!!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Members

It looks like they are taking care of things in a good manner.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

why dont more people buy from Trinity then? i bought my side skirts from them w/o incident last summer. couldnt have been happier about it all.

a buddy of mind bought his whole kit from umnitza....the shipping was a total diacle and then the front bumper was cracked near the front air dam....add to that he specifically requested the pre-LCI PDC kit....but they sent him the LCI version so we had to toss out all his old sensors smh.

maybe they should just hire a really good shipping manager and a lot of these customer service gripes would be solved. i just dont get it.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

trinity doesn't sell the Mtech front. they only have the M5tech front. my mailman saw my car and ordered the Mtech kit from Umnitza, but was sent the M5tech front as well. so he has to send it back at their cost and will receive the correct bumper. guess i was really lucky with mine, but then again, i kept stressing to them that i wanted the Mtech and NOT the M5tech bumper.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by umichchris
why dont more people buy from Trinity then? i bought my side skirts from them w/o incident last summer. couldnt have been happier about it all.

a buddy of mind bought his whole kit from umnitza....the shipping was a total diacle and then the front bumper was cracked near the front air dam....add to that he specifically requested the pre-LCI PDC kit....but they sent him the LCI version so we had to toss out all his old sensors smh.

maybe they should just hire a really good shipping manager and a lot of these customer service gripes would be solved. i just dont get it.
i agree! trinity ftw!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by umichchris
a buddy of mind bought his whole kit from umnitza....the shipping was a total diacle and then the front bumper was cracked near the front air dam....

Same thing as your friend just happened to me !! ! Now, my front bumper is at the shop to repair this crack, have to pay now 100$ for this !
Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by mo858
trinity doesn't sell the Mtech front. they only have the M5tech front. my mailman saw my car and ordered the Mtech kit from Umnitza, but was sent the M5tech front as well. so he has to send it back at their cost and will receive the correct bumper. guess i was really lucky with mine, but then again, i kept stressing to them that i wanted the Mtech and NOT the M5tech bumper.

mo858 - can you post up some pictures so we can all see how your kit turned out? I been thinking of making a purchase from umnitza, but wanted to see how the current batches of Mtech kit looked like installed. How much more work was involve to make it fit decently?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

Originally Posted by Boost7
mo858 - can you post up some pictures so we can all see how your kit turned out? I been thinking of making a purchase from umnitza, but wanted to see how the current batches of Mtech kit looked like installed. How much more work was involve to make it fit decently?
my experience was great. i didn't have to modify anything. i did buy the OEM brackets discussed on the forum for the rear and the front OEM brake air ducts though. your experience may vary.

a couple of cell phone pics
Umnitza m5tech kit-20120304_152705.jpg
Umnitza m5tech kit-20120304_152957.jpg

met up with another member who had an OEM kit. sorry it was already dark out and no street lights.

Umnitza m5tech kit-twins.jpg
Umnitza m5tech kit-twins1.jpg

Quick Reply: Umnitza m5tech kit