E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62
Default yep

Yeah they do some weird stuff and the 2 guys don't seem to communicate at all
Old 07-14-2014, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by ilicboris91
Wow, that sounds like a mess too. I'm really hoping this issue of mine gets resolved. I assume these new 18mm PDC sensors are supposed to fit but the holders are wrong. It's just been a really long process.

I just don't get how they can screw up that badly almost every time.
It could be because they don't have the correct systems in place to handle the orders properly. But if customers started returning their orders when they are incorrect, maybe they would fix their problems...
Old 07-14-2014, 02:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by ilicboris91
To be more specific about the PDC fitment issue: The 18mm they sent fit into the cutout hole on the bumper (if I test fit them from the outside) but if it I try to fit them into the holder on the inside of the bumper they do not fit all the way up to the hole and don't mount in there correctly. It almost seems as if you are correct, tonyb, that they have the bigger sensor holders into the smaller bumper.

I've spoken to one very helpful person on the phone there who shipped me out the sensors immediately after I spoke to him and explained the issue and I received them in about 2 days. I was very excited and then decided to have the bumper painted which turned out great. Then my sensors arrived today and I tried to test fit them before contacting the paint shop on Monday and they don't fit into the holders.

Would love to hear back from umnitza about this issue. I emailed them earlier today and received a reply and I replied back and nothing since then. Hopefully hear back on Monday because this is turning out to be a huge pain in the ass. I think I should have just gone OEM and I could have reused my sensors and probably spent the same amount of money. Lesson learned I guess.

Anyone else ordering from them, good luck and triple check everything.
It's hard tell what the issues is without actually seeing it. It could be that incorrect brackets were installed, that would be my first guess. I'm not sure if you have they bumper on or off the car, but if off, maybe you can visually compare the new ones to the old ones and see if you can tell the difference. I can't remember if they are similar other than just size.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We try to keep every bumper in stock for inventory. That includes 24mm and 18mm PDC and non PDC.
When we discovered the only bumpers we had in stock were NON-PDC, we asked a fellow vendor to ship out the correct item to Boris on our *superspecial* $335 shipped deal.

In this case, there was a mistake by this vendor. Since we do business together (they send bumpers to us, we send bumpers to them) we both agreed to fix the situation for the customer at no cost to the customer.

Unfortunately, given Boris' timeline that wouldn't have worked out for Boris, but we did say:
Sometimes mistakes happen, we will be happy to fix it for you but usually in the interest of time, customers don’t do the swap of the bumper, but if we make a mistake, we’ll do the swap.
If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t be replying to you to come up with solutions.

So we're here, we're available, and we're willing to remedy a situation. Sometimes we make the mistake, sometimes Greyhound is clueless, and sometimes (as is this case) our drop shipment got mixed up. We're sorry for the issue and offered to help Boris along the way, and are still willing to help Boris.

Boris, please call instead of email, I'm sure we can figure out a better way by getting our body shop on the phone or even - if the bumper isn't painted, still switching out the bumper for you at no cost to you.

Originally Posted by Bigjule111
Dam brother. I would of asked for a exchange. I jus Ordered mine last week and after I realized that they never asked me the size of my of my pdc. I quickly called them and told them I need the 24 not the dime size one. So if I receive the small pdc Needless to Say I'm going to b livid! And I took a gamble on gettihg it pre painted. Time will tell Good luck brother. Keep us posted.
Please PM your information so I can look and see where this process is.

Originally Posted by Bigjule111
By the way they're closed on sat and Sundays. Bit strange to close shop on Saturday
Due to the amount of work we deal with, we actually open every other Saturday but only for local customers to come in for installations. We do not stay open on weekends because we all have families that want us back
Old 07-14-2014, 07:23 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545iA

You guys have been helpful in this process, but there doesn't seem to be a logical way left to resolve this. I ordered a 24mm bumper and received an 18mm bumper. To make things easier for me (and you guys) and speed up the process I ordered the 18mm sensors because I assumed they would fit this bumper, which they don't. I've sent you pictures to show you. The 18mm PDC sensor doesn't fit into the holder of the 18mm bumper and I have the pics to prove it as well. It appears that this 18mm bumper has 24mm PDC holders or this started life as a 24mm bumper and only an 18mm hole was drilled for the sensor. If you want I can send more pictures.

My bumper is painted and mounted on the car and looking great, only thing missing is the sensors so there is no chance of a return. I only went through with it this far because I assumed the new sensors would fit as mentioned before. I was very excited to have it all done, but so far not the case.

First pic, that is as far as the 18mm sensor will go in the holder.
Second pic, that is my original 24mm sensor attempting to fit into the cutout, fits almost perfectly into the holder but the hole isn't big enough for it to click into place.
Third pic, that is the 18mm sensor fitting into the holder as far as it will go. Completely wrong holder, none of it clicks into place.
Fourth pic, 24mm on left and 18mm on right.

I'll be returning the 18mm sensors for a refund and no longer conducting business with you guys. The bumper is good quality and the grilles I ordered are nice too but those are going to be my only purchases. Now it appears that the bumper will need more body work to make my old sensor fit in and more money spent. Should have gone OEM or to a business that knows their inventory.
Attached Thumbnails Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment-image-3-.jpg   Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment-image-4-.jpg   Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment-image-5-.jpg   Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment-image-6-.jpg  

Last edited by ilicboris91; 07-14-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Your pictures show a bumper with 18mm holes. The sensors you have that we sent to you are 18mm sensors, The bumper was never drilled out and was sent with 18mm sensor holes and holders.

We'll honor a refund no problem but I think you may want to talk to your body shop because the second photo shows the PDC is the right size but something is keeping it from sliding all the way forward.

Either way, we were willing to exchange the bumper for you (an offer that was immediately given to you on the first email), I'm sorry you're having such issues, but it's not from lack of trying to resolve it for you.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:20 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545iA

Why don't you buy a plane ticket and fly out here and fit the new sensors in the 18mm bumper for me? Since I'm apparently doing it wrong. Your suggestions of "trimming the holder down a fraction" and "twisting the PDC a little" haven't done anything. I've had 3 other people attempt to help and nobody else can make it work. I was actually planning on ordering a rear bumper as well, but not after this situation.

I already explained why I kept this 18mm bumper. To make it easier for me and for you guys so that nothing has to be exchanged and both of our times wasted. I decided to keep it and get it painted and then ordered the 18mm sensors which DO NOT FIT in the holders of the 18mm bumper. That's as clear as I can explain it. The holders fit the 24mm sensor perfectly but the sensor cant fit through the hole because its not big enough. The 18mm sensor doesn't even fit into the holder at all.

I'm not going to argue back and forth anymore. You guys screwed up the shipment and I let it slide in the interest of time and even spent more money to buy the new sensors and nothing fits. It doesn't take much searching on the internet to read about your reputation and how you handle situations. Not sure who I spoke with on the phone either, but they said they would contact the body shop doing the painting to explain how to enlarge the sensor holes and nobody ever received a phone call there at that shop. I'll send the sensors back and expect a refund and this will be the end of this massive mistake.

Last edited by ilicboris91; 07-14-2014 at 09:31 PM.