E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat' post='1022760' date='Oct 2 2009, 01:16 AM
damn! this is not sounding too good. so frankly, if they don't line up we're screwed? meaning the brackets must be altered?

and by "sanding down the edges," won't that in effect elongate the hole thus causing "a loose fit?" did this solve your false beeping?
No all you have to do is simply give it a light scuff to remove the sharp edge DO NOT sand inside the whole...using a scuff pad would work just fine...as long as you have patients you could get brackets to line up perfectly...just make sure your sensors are facing straight out or slightly upward so you dont have the same problem I have....havent had a chance to alter the brackets yet I've been to busy trying to complete the rest of my mods...
Old 10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by mistique_M3' post='1022768' date='Oct 1 2009, 10:25 PM
No all you have to do is simply give it a light scuff to remove the sharp edge DO NOT sand inside the whole...using a scuff pad would work just fine...as long as you have patients you could get brackets to line up perfectly...just make sure your sensors are facing straight out or slightly upward so you dont have the same problem I have....havent had a chance to alter the brackets yet I've been to busy trying to complete the rest of my mods...
duly noted and i appreciate the info!!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Contributors

hmmm good info, bookmarked
Old 10-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

This actually makes me glad I don't have PDC, however, the sides being short are a concern.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Members

I just installed the Umnitza M5 front replica. Everything is great, except a portion of the area below the bumper grill sags. Any ideas on the cause of this and what adjustments to make to eliminate it?
Attached Thumbnails Umnitza fitment issues-img_2014.jpg  
Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW e60
Model Year: 2006

mine does the exact same thing and i got mine from trinity.... its hard to notice at first, but when you do notice it, its like :S WTF

Originally Posted by rfmaverick' post='1050541' date='Nov 9 2009, 03:48 AM
I just installed the Umnitza M5 front replica. Everything is great, except a portion of the area below the bumper grill sags. Any ideas on the cause of this and what adjustments to make to eliminate it?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Contributors

oh man, it looks like it came out warped from the moulding process a bit, i would send these pictures to umnitza and see what they say
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by gurp99' post='1050868' date='Nov 9 2009, 02:21 PM
mine does the exact same thing and i got mine from trinity.... its hard to notice at first, but when you do notice it, its like :S WTF
Sounds like both vendors sell the exact same product.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat' post='1022744' date='Oct 1 2009, 11:51 PM
OP, thanks for sharing this.

could you let us know how much of a hassle (if any) did the shop encounter while relocating the brackets? I surely hope I dont have this problem as i will attempt to install this myself. what quads are you planning on getting? looking forward to those pics (try to show the sides (hopefully without) the gaps, and especially the rear bumper without the quads. good luck and thanx once again.

Sorry for the late reply... but my shop had painted before test fitting just to get the job done faster. They had to take off the brackets, sand a lil here and there so the sensors fit correctly and reapply the brackets. They said the headlight washers were going to be a huge pain, so I told them to just not even reinstall them. Im okay not having those anyways.

The side skirts are like 5mm short on the front towards the fender. Another poster in this thread didnt notice even, I just happen to look real close at everything and noticed it. Otherwise they look great.

My shop also had to sand down the edges on the PDC holes because some were sharper than others. That was an easy fix.

My quad set up is still not installed but I am going with a 2in 2out magnaflow muffler with internal x pipe. I am going to keep the stock resonators, have this muffler be installed midline and have pipes split from there and each go to a jones perforated turbo tube each, and then to 3.5 inch dual tips on each end.

I havnt had my car for a month because I bent a wheel and my wheel shop has been so backed up and my car has been out of order due to that. I will post pics soon.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Members

Other than the using the Mtech headlight washer levers, are there any other parts that need to be purchased to make the Umnitza front bumper fit perfectly? (i.e. the "adapter" that is listed in the realoem diagram, etc...)

Quick Reply: Umnitza fitment issues