E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i

I have a full m5 Umnitza kit at my shop right now and the pdc holes arnt lined up perfectly with the pdc brackets. Did anybody else have this issue with their bumpers? So far the shop has only done the rear so I cant say if the front is the same way. They actually painted the bumpers first without test fitting them because they looked so much like oem... they didn't think fitment would be an issue. They are going to have to remove the brackets and reapply them on the bumpers and repaint them. Luckily they are only charging labor to remove/reapply the brackets.

Also, the side skirts are like 5mm short towards the front on both sides of the car. Is that something others have noticed?

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: [N62]

No problems with fitment for the front bumper or side skirts here. But I did notice my side skirts are a bit shirt today and I've had them on for a month or so. (doesn't bother me that much) Bummer your shop is charging for reapplying the bumper. They shouldve tested first.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Members

They are charging to remove the brackets that came misaligned from umnitza, not for work they did.

Originally Posted by Lambda28' post='1021559' date='Sep 30 2009, 06:25 PM
No problems with fitment for the front bumper or side skirts here. But I did notice my side skirts are a bit shirt today and I've had them on for a month or so. (doesn't bother me that much) Bummer your shop is charging for reapplying the bumper. They shouldve tested first.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Lambda28' post='1021559' date='Sep 30 2009, 05:25 PM
Tell me more about the side skirts, any pics?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

i just installed front and side past weekend, didnt look closely, but here is the picture for side
Umnitza fitment issues-dsc03040.jpg
Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by 08white' post='1021617' date='Sep 30 2009, 06:52 PM
i just installed front and side past weekend, didnt look closely, but here is the picture for side
That looks good!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Members

The front pdc holes line up better than the rear. I should have pics on sat when I get the car back... cant wait!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

OP, thanks for sharing this.

could you let us know how much of a hassle (if any) did the shop encounter while relocating the brackets? I surely hope I dont have this problem as i will attempt to install this myself. what quads are you planning on getting? looking forward to those pics (try to show the sides (hopefully without) the gaps, and especially the rear bumper without the quads. good luck and thanx once again.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Members

Yes I had the same issue with the PDC brackets not lining up....however before I painted and prepped the bumpers I made sure that they all lined up...even after doing this I found the brackets dont seem to fit the sensors as well as the factory ones and as a result a few of my sensors are facing slightly downward causing my car to beep every time im backing up...i recommend you make sure they are lined up PERFECTLY straight so that you dont have the same problems...I also recommend that you have them sand down the outside edges of the holes just to give you better finished product.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by mistique_M3' post='1022749' date='Oct 1 2009, 10:02 PM
Yes I had the same issue with the PDC brackets not lining up....however before I painted and prepped the bumpers I made sure that they all lined up...even after doing this I found the brackets dont seem to fit the sensors as well as the factory ones and as a result a few of my sensors are facing slightly downward causing my car to beep every time im backing up...i recommend you make sure they are lined up PERFECTLY straight so that you dont have the same problems...I also recommend that you have them sand down the outside edges of the holes just to give you better finished product.
damn! this is not sounding too good. so frankly, if they don't line up we're screwed? meaning the brackets must be altered?

and by "sanding down the edges," won't that in effect elongate the hole thus causing "a loose fit?" did this solve your false beeping?

Quick Reply: Umnitza fitment issues