E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tweeters/Crossovers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 520d e60 with the standard euro audio setup i am looking to add a few upgrades and was gonna start by adding some tweeters to the front pillars. i know the L7 ones are PnP is this because crossovers are in the car wiring? so if i buy an after market set do i need to add crossovers as well?
Any insight will be greatly recieved!
Cheers, Rich
Old 01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by big lex
I have a 520d e60 with the standard euro audio setup i am looking to add a few upgrades and was gonna start by adding some tweeters to the front pillars. i know the L7 ones are PnP is this because crossovers are in the car wiring? so if i buy an after market set do i need to add crossovers as well?
Any insight will be greatly recieved!
Cheers, Rich

Yes, a crossover is needed. The factory uses a 4.7uf capacitor for the tweeters.
Tweeters/Crossovers?-l7-tweeter.jpg