E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Trying to decide on new roundels

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
All Black FTW!
This!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, Black/Natural Brown, Sport, Nav, CWP

wow, I got exactly the same ride as you..... anyway, I went with black/white carbon fiber (7 pieces)....however my kit is in the mail ....but it should look something like the picture attached above. Did you use spray for your taillights or the smoke film? I used the film on mine, but i jacked up too much of the material for practice, so I ran out of it, and now need to order more...(the good news is, now I know how to apply it without scratches, etc.)....
Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
This!
Where??
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Members

I'm interested in plasti-dipping the silver strip in the front bumper and my two key holes. Is there a DIY on the key holes? They remain functional, huh?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Art83
wow, I got exactly the same ride as you..... anyway, I went with black/white carbon fiber (7 pieces)....however my kit is in the mail ....but it should look something like the picture attached above. Did you use spray for your taillights or the smoke film? I used the film on mine, but i jacked up too much of the material for practice, so I ran out of it, and now need to order more...(the good news is, now I know how to apply it without scratches, etc.)....
I used smoked tint film I bought on ebay. I had bought only 2 sheets and lucked out not running into any issues. I used the leftover pieces for my side markers and reflectors. For the carbon black roundels I don't have any other carbon black on the car so not sure I want to have it look out of place I guess. I guess for now I'm looking at black overlays for the black/white look or black/black.

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
I'm interested in plasti-dipping the silver strip in the front bumper and my two key holes. Is there a DIY on the key holes? They remain functional, huh?
For the keyholes I just taped them off and sprayed them. I'm sure they are functional but with keyless entry and the trunk button I never use them. If I had to key into them the plasti-dip would probably tear or come off the slot the key would go into.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Members

Thanks,

I think the black/black roundels look amazing. I'd want them on the steering wheel, the center caps of the tires and on both ends of the car.

I figured the key slots 'would' work, you'd just have to clean/reapply afterward. Using the key is an emergency situation anyway. You removed the front grill strip to spray it, or just taped it up?

Dean
Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

I bought a matte grille and just replaced the OEM.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d Chip tuning m sport package sport suspension 20" Vertini wheels carbon fiber ipod kit led interior light led angel eyes led side markers

I am a fan of the carbon!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d Chip tuning m sport package sport suspension 20" Vertini wheels carbon fiber ipod kit led interior light led angel eyes led side markers

ebay even sells badges/logos to cover the key slots, they look nice if you want to do anything to them,,,
Old 02-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a great post on DIY roundels: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250146

Quick Reply: Trying to decide on new roundels