E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Hey everyone...ive recently completed a ton of mods as soon as the winter broke here in metro Detroit. Nearly all the things i installed or bought came from people on this forum....not to mention all the DIYs and information sharing that helped me install nearly 99% of all these modifications. Here is what ive done so far:

- M5 Tech bumber (bought off craigslist locally for a steal of a deal)
- M Tech side skirts - shout out to Umnitza, they were awesome and the fitment is spot-on
- R1 Concepts cross drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads - Acute Performance has been cool so far, but we are still working on some nasty rusting issues
- 20" Cor Forged 3-Piece wheels (20x9 in the front 20x10.5 in the rear) - thanks to member B6S4
- 20" Michelin Pilot sport tires - thanks to Medik13 originally
- OEM M5 cluster (still needs to be coded...but i installed it anyway and am living with the error chimes)
- OEM Grills painted hi-gloss black - my own lil DIY
- LED fog lights (eBay special lol)
- LED AE (eBay special....doing Orions soon though)
- Alpine R-Type 12" sub
- Split folding Rear-Seat retrofit (for more bass in the cabin)
- M5 Replica Mirrors - got these for a STEAL on eBay....literally. i even did a retrofit of my OEM LED puddle lights into the reps via a dremel tool and a ton of patience looks awesome btw
- Re-painted RPI dual intake scoops

upcoming mods:
- CCC Nav retrofit (if i can ever get this shit coded properly that is...super frustrated)
- CiC iDrive controller retrofit....have all the parts & trim but coding is killing me
- LCI Tail lights
- Orion V2 with blacked out look via member Ehssan's example
- M-Tech rear bumper....but not for a long time

the rolling pics are on the freeway in Detroit, big thanks to my brother and roommate for their help haha.

Professional driver. Closed circuit. Obey all traffic laws. lol
Attached Thumbnails Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot-lodge-fwy-11.jpg   Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot-lodge-fwy-22.jpg   Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot-rooftop-11.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks amazing
i want more pics plzzzzz!!
thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Hawt!! MOAR PIX !!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nice, that is a long list! Is your M5 mirrors NVD's rep? I am curious of the puddle light swap.

Also, I am assuming the LED for the fogs are for aesthetics? Because unless they are some high output 10W+, they won't be lighting up anything beyond 2 feet away, lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

the LED fog lights...def for aesthetics only lol

for the puddle lights...i measured 3 times and cut once haha. i used blue masking tape to outline where to drill with the dremel tool and took my time. it didnt need to be 100% exact since its the underside of the mirror and no one will ever see it. i love how the car lights up when i unlock it....and i didnt want to lose that with these NVD reps. to be honest, after looking at it for 15 minutes and figuring out my gameplan....i think everyone who goes the NVD route should do this as well. after all, you already have to fully disassemble your OEM mirrors to get the motors out anyway....i just grabbed the LED puddle light as well while i was at it and re-wired that part too. no biggie.

here are some pics of the hole i measured and cut, a pic with them inserted before i cleaned them up with a nail file and some black touch-up paint and then an after shoot with them lit at night...

Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot-photo-20-.jpg

Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot-photo-1-.jpg

Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot-puddle-1.jpg
Old 07-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Senior Members

some nice mods and pics!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Contributors

Nice list. Quick question but how do you like the Dinan Stage 3?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Atta boy!

Can you explain what the issue with rusting is? I've never had a problem dealing with Michael. Besides, if your brakes rusted on the surface after rainy or humid weather, isn't that normal?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Nice photos, your car do look good
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi (Titanium Grey/ Black interior) Debaged, L.e.d. light upgrade throughout. ACS roof spoiler. H&R sport sprigs, Angel eye upgrade, euro sticker, ,matte black grills.

Car Looks hot.! Like my twin. You can be arnold and I'll be Danny davito. Lol can u post more picks of the wheels. I wanted them off the member but my car is xi and the would've looked like an old trans am.

Quick Reply: Tons of Mods Completed | Detroit Photo Shoot