E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tom tom satnav pictures, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by ScottishBimmer' post='214478
Originally Posted by ScottishBimmer' post='214097' date='Dec 21 2005, 08:12 PM
Hi guys, am planning on getting a tom tom one. My main concern would be what does it look like on the dash?? I do not want it to spoil the dash boards style.

PS. the tom tom one is really awsome, have been trying it out in the store!! better than bmws nav!!!! hehe.

?

Happy Holidays!!!
You'll be needing this then Scameras

I stick my Tom Tom Go as far right as possible (left for Americans) and it's fine!
Thanks for the info about the speed cameras database. Will come in handy!!!!!!
[/quote]

I use Tom Tom software on my Ipaq. Works really well, via a Bluetooth GPS receiver which sits in the dash, only when you need it. Software is great, I have the camera database loaded as active POI's it tells me when they are (and this can be adjusted) 600ft away, and what the speed limit is.

Great....go for it
Old 12-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by nutella' post='214142' date='Dec 21 2005, 02:24 PM
Check out this, getting fantastic reviews...

http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/
I would recommend that too. I think its great! I have the C320 and its great now the nuvi is just as great but SMALLER!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

I'm thinking of getting the TomTomg Go 700. It has got a harddrive where the hole Europe map is.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (UK) Bulit: Feb 2004, 520i (M54), 6-Speed Manual, Black leather, Titanium Silver, Bi-Xenon, Headlamp washers, Side rear airbags, Park Distance Control, Aluminium trim, Standard Climate Control, 17" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's, Spacesaver Spare wheel, Jack, Dynamic drive, Service Inclusive, Chrome grills, Software version 20.01.00, E60.net Clings, Painted wheel hubs silver

The tomtom go700 seems a little pricey for me. I am hardly going to use it, but i figure that when the need arises it will be the best thing ever. The One seems perfectly adaquite. I think you can change the colour schemes too so i could possibly match it to the orange illumination of the interior?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Members

Navman is the best. Avoid TomTom, it has had bad write ups. I have an integrated navman that acts as a PDA as well and uses the smart st software and it's fantastic.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Members

I have a TomTom Go 700, and if you take the windscreen mount off the holder it fits nicely in the passenger cup holder. The signal is still pretty good here, although not as good as in the windscreen. This means that along with the torch socket>cigar lighter converter you can hide most of the wires. If I get a chance I will post a pick. Not sure what reviews are out there but this is my second TomTom Go. The first now resides in the wifes car. The software is amoungst the best and easiest to use. The traffic information is not so hot for those that have a blue tooth option in the car, as my Nokia only has one bluetooth connection available, and you have to choose between hands-free or traffic info.

Hope this helps
Old 12-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (UK) Bulit: Feb 2004, 520i (M54), 6-Speed Manual, Black leather, Titanium Silver, Bi-Xenon, Headlamp washers, Side rear airbags, Park Distance Control, Aluminium trim, Standard Climate Control, 17" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's, Spacesaver Spare wheel, Jack, Dynamic drive, Service Inclusive, Chrome grills, Software version 20.01.00, E60.net Clings, Painted wheel hubs silver

Where did you get the "torch socket>cigar lighter converter"? thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

i have a navman , the only prob is because of the width of it it wont fit in the drivers corner of the window. i have to have mine by the tax disc
Old 12-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Please see signature

I recently got a Road Angel Navigator (upgraded from Road Angel).

When it arrived I was surprised at how big it is - certainly too big to sit in the middle of the E60 dashboard. After a bit of experimentation, I've ended up using it wedged in front of the iDrive screen, over to the left (I'm in the UK so have right-hand drive car). It works fine, seems to have no trouble locking onto the GPS satellites from there, and I can still see the iDrive screen.

One benefit is that it doesn't leave any telltale traces when I take it out when parking (which I always do). I read somewhere recently that GPS Satnav devices have become the most commonly stolen items from cars in the UK. Thieves look for the telltale round marks on the windscreen left by the "suckers" of the mounting brackets. So be careful, and whatever you do, don't leave the unit (or its cradle or bracket) visible in your car.

BTW, I'm not sure I'd recommend the Navigator over any other Satnav - but then I've never tried any others.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nutella' post='214142' date='Dec 21 2005, 05:24 PM
Check out this, getting fantastic reviews...

http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/
My friend just bought that one for his acura MDX. it looks real nice.

Quick Reply: Tom tom satnav pictures, anyone?