E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Terrible experience with RPI

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1015218' date='Sep 23 2009, 08:32 PM
I just contacted Eloy and shared this thread with him. I'm sure he'll reply shortly. Certainly, there must be a mix-up.
+1 I had a great experience with RPi's customer service.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

So what was the final outcome, im curious cause i bought the same exhaust for my 530i?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There were maybe a couple more emails I sent initially but this was the bulk of our communication-and perhaps annoying questions-do not think it was rude or innappropriate on my part-Again the info is out there-and can let people decide for themselves. This is one bad experience out of many great ones-but if there is a second bad experience and nobody ever mentions it-then people will think they are alone.

Remmeber that Vegastrashed, who is (not sure if he is tied to Eloy's business or a friend or what) but he himself endorsed AFE intakes a few years back-so if anyone understands wanting to know some hard facts about aftermarket products-it would be vegas, eloy and this board of members who have been taken before-not saying this is at ALL like afe-just saying it is not unreasonable to ask questions and expect answers in a friendly manner.

Ok I wont say anymore unless anyone has a question for me-the info I shared is all poste don this thread-htere were no other communications or anything to share-
Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='1015223' date='Sep 23 2009, 05:37 PM
There were maybe a couple more emails I sent initially but this was the bulk of our communication-and perhaps annoying questions-do not think it was rude or innappropriate on my part-Again the info is out there-and can let people decide for themselves. This is one bad experience out of many great ones-but if there is a second bad experience and nobody ever mentions it-then people will think they are alone.

Remmeber that Vegastrashed, who is (not sure if he is tied to Eloy's business or a friend or what) but he himself endorsed AFE intakes a few years back-so if anyone understands wanting to know some hard facts about aftermarket products-it would be vegas, eloy and this board of members who have been taken before-not saying this is at ALL like afe-just saying it is not unreasonable to ask questions and expect answers in a friendly manner.

Ok I wont say anymore unless anyone has a question for me-the info I shared is all poste don this thread-htere were no other communications or anything to share-
I really don't want to ready any more of your posts...the poor grammar and punctuation make your posts hard to read. kthanx, drive-thru, insert coin-game over, thank you come again.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Who did you communicate with at RPi via email? Did you talk to anyone on the phone at RPi?

This whole thread smells funny to me. Eloy and EVERYONE at RPi is very helpful and willing to explain, at length, any question posed to them.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='1015220' date='Sep 23 2009, 07:34 PM
There is no mix up-here is the last couple emails I sent and the replies

Starting with Eloy's reply to me today:

All that you need to do is cut, use the adaptor, and everything else bolts on like stock. The reason your exhaust is weird is because who ever owned it before you modified the exhaust.

Regards,

Eloy Way

Race Precision, Inc.

7029 Marcelle Street

Paramount, CA 90723

Tel: 562-630-5966

Fax: 562-630-5968

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:32 PM
To: sales@raceprecision.com
Subject: Instructions for 530

Hey Eloy, I apologize to keep bothering you but I just looked at the 530 exhaust instructions and seriusly have no clue what a couple of the steps are and I recieved my exhaust and was going to get it installed tomorrow but now I am completely confused so if you could help me out that would be great, or putting some text boxes with the pictures would go a llong way.

1.On the third picture-what exactly is going on with that second hanger-is he adding or removing a screw and then what do you do with it-basically what is picture 3 saying and what all needs to be done with that second hanger?

2.The entire connecting the pipes. What is the red tube stuff? How exactly is the band clamp attached to that smaller piece-does the smaller piece fit INTO the oem pipe or is the small piece you provide banded together to the OEM piece of the pipe. It is unclear. To me it looks like you put the red stuff onto the small piece, that piece than inserts INTO the OEM piece. Then you put a band clamp over top the OEM piece only that has the little piece inside?

3. You dont use that third hanger at all with the RPI exhaust correct?

If you could clarify these things I would appreciate it-I dont want to have problems down the line with leaks. Thanks so much-mike

To: sleepyca31@aol.com
Sent: Tue, Sep 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Subject: RE: question about 530i exhaust

Im not really sure what you are asking me because some of the sentences dont make sense. lol. Anyhow, we always start design of the exhaust systems by measuring egt and surface temps, then dyno testing. We can talk more about it in person at the meet this weekend if you are coming.

Regards,

Eloy Way

Race Precision, Inc.

7029 Marcelle Street

Paramount, CA 90723

Tel: 562-630-5966

Fax: 562-630-5968

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:48 PM
To: sales@raceprecision.com
Subject: Re: question about 530i exhaust

Hey Man, I bought an exhaust from you and never heard back to a question that I just was more wanting an expert opinion like yourself to shed some light. I am a very very small amateur with tuning cars etc. I just simply wondered with the Highter life on the intake side an exhaust side with the VVT in the N52-does this effect the exhaust pulses enough to where this would make a difference in the tuning of the exhaust-atleast horsepower wise? I could care less-I have a 530, Obviously I did not get it for the gobs of power, but just more wanted to know technically for my own knowledge-what you could shed on how you tune the exhaust based on factors like valvle lift etc. Speed of exhaust gasses. thanks man!
sleepyca31 - That sounds familiar?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Sleepyca31????????????
Old 09-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See you were around when the AFE stuff happened! Anyway I am not going to read/reply-only point was to make sure everyone thinks before automatically shelling out their hard earned money to a company-if ever single one of you had a better experience than me-great! I would have been happy with a couple lines of explanation as all I wanted to do was install my exhaust-I am having it dynoed before and after and will post it after I am done-but otherwise will not say a word-I am glad I was the random outlyer and probably am statistically insignifigant-I wish nothing but the best to Eloy and his company.

Good luck with the rest of your decisions for aftermarket products. This was the last product I am ever interested in as this car is mine for 2 years and then I graduate and go on to bigger and better things-M cars for me. So good luck to anyone modding their car-go with what you are comfortable spending your HARD earned dough on-you deserve great product and service these days!

Hey enthusiasts stick around what can I say I posted our communication though and my questions with no answers-that speaks for itself-regardless of who posted it-skeptical or not!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='1015228
Sleepyca31????????????
I noticed that immediately. But, in the words of Flying Puck "I'm not judging."
Old 09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1015235' date='Sep 23 2009, 05:56 PM
I noticed that immediately. But, in the words of Flying Puck "I'm not judging."
Lol..... RPI. Are good people

Quick Reply: Terrible experience with RPI