E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tell me about your 20" setup that does not rub...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

May be getting rid of the car?but regardless?tell me about your 20?s that do not rub without rolling the fenders.

I have 19?s now that I love?but under certain conditions they rub ever so slightly?neighbor has the same set up but with Michelin PS2 as opposed to my Michelin PS A/S and his don?t rub?I think the extra rubber on the A/S is just enough to make it rub on occasion

So?having said that we (my neighbor and I) are both interested in your 20? setup (tires, wheels & offset) that you are running on your sport that does not rub

TIA

Chris
Old 08-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Mine does not rub at all after rolling the fenders. Well, it is not exactly rolling the fenders, what i did was just hammering the inner part of the fender. It will not do any damage to the fenders at all.. I can't exactly explain the part where i hammered but i may post a picture up on the part where i hammered once my computer is being serviced.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Members

Hello soc_fans, when you "hammered" your fenders what type of hammer did you use? Did any paint chip or crack?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by firmsE60' date='Aug 29 2005, 03:33 AM
Hello soc_fans, when you "hammered" your fenders what type of hammer did you use? Did any paint chip or crack?
[snapback]164630[/snapback]
It is just those type of hammer which you use to hammer nails. And there is no paint chips or cracks at all. It is much easier to remove your wheels when you're hammering it though..
Old 08-29-2005, 06:17 AM
Members

My 20" set up required fender rolling, twice. I have the PS2s but have heard the tires with a more rounded shoulder will reduce the chances of rubbing. I had a local performance shop do the rolling and and very pleased with the results.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Members

Rolling fenders? I have never heard of this before and I guess since I want some 20's I might have to do this, but what exactly is it?

Peace
Old 08-29-2005, 07:18 AM
Members

Mine doesn`t rub anywhere and I have not rolled the fenders.

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Aug 29 2005, 01:38 AM
May be getting rid of the car?but regardless?tell me about your 20?s that do not rub without rolling the fenders.

I have 19?s now that I love?but under certain conditions they rub ever so slightly?neighbor has the same set up but with Michelin PS2 as opposed to my Michelin PS A/S and his don?t rub?I think the extra rubber on the A/S is just enough to make it rub on occasion

So?having said that we (my neighbor and I) are both interested in your 20? setup (tires, wheels & offset) that you are running on your sport that does not rub

TIA

Chris
[snapback]164507[/snapback]
Old 08-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Wojtecki' date='Aug 29 2005, 08:18 AM
Mine doesn`t rub anywhere and I have not rolled the fenders.

[quote name='ch7656' date='Aug 29 2005, 01:38 AM']May be getting rid of the car?but regardless?tell me about your 20?s that do not rub without rolling the fenders.

TIA

Chris
[snapback]164507[/snapback]
To clarify, are we talking about rolling the fenders because of 20" rims AND lowering springs? I'm also curious about his. So 1) would we need to roll the fenders if we put 20s on but not the springs or 2) what about if the car has the sports package?

[snapback]164710[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 08-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Ok no.. this will/should clarify.. if you get 20" wheels it does not mean your gonna rub or have to roll your fenders.. those people who have had these issues have had a rong setup whether it be the tire or the rim.. adding springs to the factor makes these issues (rubing, and having to roll fenders) more likly to happen but still not a definate.. I know many people here including myself who have not had any issues with rubbing or having to roll fenders even with our cars lowered.. so to put it to you this way.. find the right setup for the car and shouldn't have any of these problems..
Old 08-30-2005, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 6speed e60

I have a staggered 20" setup. I didn't have to roll my fenders in the front nor the rear. I have fit up to 5 people in the car without rubbing. Rim and tire specs are in my sig below.

and it's lowered too...

Quick Reply: Tell me about your 20" setup that does not rub...