E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

OMG! I was going to stay out of this one but I decided I had to jump in.
OEM all the way. It's the only way to go.
Why cheapen the look of our beautiful cars with some cheap replica products.
I'm sorry but you can tell the difference. The OEM LCI tails are beautiful!!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

+100 on OEM...There's an E60 at my work that has these and I just don't think the quality is there. The rods on OEM LCI tails look smooth when lit. If you look at the pics of those reps (even on the ebay link) , you can see that they seem jagged. The whole think when lit looks "static-y". I don't know another word to describe it. It's optics and lens reflections seem too harsh and noisy. If you want amber turn signals go for Euro LCI tails.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530i base model

I have done retros of many kinds for many different cars but not on bimmers yet, Simon, I know you are the best but definitely we are far.
I just wanted to gauge the opinions of people here on these, I appreciate the input.
I have to admit these lights are tempting.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by juji126
Okay, so $600 ... coding ... cables,..
For under $200, you are getting a set very very similar.
True, real BMW enthusiasts can tell but are they paying your bills DAKEST??

heres a couple snap shots of what youll be getting, u judge....

I am not going to tell a blatant lie, on a first look it's definitely not bad. However, I am willing to bet that most people, after awhile having these one, will be over it and end up ponying up for the OEMs. Fact of the matter is, the rods don't wrap all the way around, the turn signals don't light evenly, and the side reflector is just obnoxiously large. I have seen these in person. Had a guy come by earlier this week that had it on his car.

While it's not bad, but you'll want more. So why not just knock it out right the first time? Besides, these tails, their resale value is $100 at best. Yet the LCI tails, it's been years and years, and their value -- even used are still easily commanding $400 plus.

Originally Posted by deansimpson
OMG! I was going to stay out of this one but I decided I had to jump in.
OEM all the way. It's the only way to go.
Why cheapen the look of our beautiful cars with some cheap replica products.
I'm sorry but you can tell the difference. The OEM LCI tails are beautiful!!
Especially modded by me, right? Haha! You still owe me pics Dean!

Originally Posted by dakest
I have done retros of many kinds for many different cars but not on bimmers yet, Simon, I know you are the best but definitely we are far.
I just wanted to gauge the opinions of people here on these, I appreciate the input.
I have to admit these lights are tempting.
aww shucks. I am alright! Like I said, if you can code or have access to a coder, I can help you with the retro without having to spend $300+ for cables.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
aww shucks. I am alright! Like I said, if you can code or have access to a coder, I can help you with the retro without having to spend $300+ for cables.
Sounds good Simon, let me try to get a hold of some oem lci tails, money is tight right now, I am also thinking of either getting a set of lci headlights or modding mine with orions.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 PM
New Members

Actually those aftermarket look decent but the beauty of the oem lci is that the bars wrap around.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Right, I am agreeing with you. It's something that'll probably quill you for a month or two, but in the end, you'll most likely going to go OEM anyway. Why not just do it once and right
Old 10-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

^^ Yup. Those actually look better in pictures than in person IMHO.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I am not going to tell a blatant lie, on a first look it's definitely not bad. However, I am willing to bet that most people, after awhile having these one, will be over it and end up ponying up for the OEMs. Fact of the matter is, the rods don't wrap all the way around, the turn signals don't light evenly, and the side reflector is just obnoxiously large. I have seen these in person. Had a guy come by earlier this week that had it on his car.

While it's not bad, but you'll want more. So why not just knock it out right the first time? Besides, these tails, their resale value is $100 at best. Yet the LCI tails, it's been years and years, and their value -- even used are still easily commanding $400 plus.

Especially modded by me, right? Haha! You still owe me pics Dean!

Yes Simon, Very nicely modded by you. Love em!! Pictures coming soon!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:52 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530i

Nomis nehc can you email me have couple questions for you. Email is Melchor0113@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Tail lights