E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I am contemplating on lowering my car and change the shocks to compensate for the lowering springs. Here are my concerns and please feel free to give me suggestions.

1) Wants to lower my car but not much that it looks slammed.
2) Try to have a firmer ride but not to sacrifies comfort (It is a daily driving car and I drive about 80 miles a day, to and from work)
3) I like to corner at a spirited speed especially on the ramp with as little sway and yaw as possible
4) Need to be a on a budget,from what I have researched, I can afford the spring and new shocks but not coilovers.

I have an 05 530I non sport with OEM M166 M5 oofset with 12mm rogue spacers in the rear.

Thanks, AL
Old 04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

eibachs are said to give the most closest ride to stock in terms of comfort. I myself have the eibach pro-kits paired with bilstein sport shocks.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='842168' date='Apr 9 2009, 03:14 PM
eibachs are said to give the most closest ride to stock in terms of comfort. I myself have the eibach pro-kits paired with bilstein sport shocks.
this was exactly what I was going to recommend, based on what you said you want I think the eibachs pro would be the way to go in terms of springs and then either the koni yellows or the bilstein sports. I have the bilstein sports with the H&R sport springs which I like but I've heard the eibach springs give a closer to stock feel in terms of comfort.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='842168' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:14 PM
Ride is closer to stock and just a tad firmer ride?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='842168' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:14 PM
+1
Old 04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

I love my set-up... I have the Eibach Pro-Kit with the Koni FSD shocks. This came in one complete set from SHOX.COM. I have the exact same rims 166's with M5 offset.

The ride is a tiny bit stiffer but nothing too harsh and the drop is nice but not too low. Its exactly what you are looking for!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Senior Members

thanks for the reply. You set up is one of my choices. From a scale of 1 to 5,5 being stiffer, how my stiffer the ride compare to stock?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e60insd' post='842372' date='Apr 9 2009, 07:57 PM
I love my set-up... I have the Eibach Pro-Kit with the Koni FSD shocks. This came in one complete set from SHOX.COM. I have the exact same rims 166's with M5 offset.

The ride is a tiny bit stiffer but nothing too harsh and the drop is nice but not too low. Its exactly what you are looking for!
thanks for the reply. You set up is one of my choices. From a scale of 1 to 5,5 being stiffer, how my stiffer the ride compare to stock?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Al - check out leggomysakyo, he's selling the springs you're lookin' for. clicky
Old 04-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i Carbon Black M Sports Package Mod: OEM 166 wheels, 12mm H&R Spacers

Originally Posted by al_ongvano' post='842143' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:58 PM
I am contemplating on lowering my car and change the shocks to compensate for the lowering springs. Here are my concerns and please feel free to give me suggestions.

1) Wants to lower my car but not much that it looks slammed.
2) Try to have a firmer ride but not to sacrifies comfort (It is a daily driving car and I drive about 80 miles a day, to and from work)
3) I like to corner at a spirited speed especially on the ramp with as little sway and yaw as possible
4) Need to be a on a budget,from what I have researched, I can afford the spring and new shocks but not coilovers.

I have an 05 530I non sport with OEM M166 M5 oofset with 12mm rogue spacers in the rear.

Thanks, AL

Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrade