E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Suspension swap = New rear seat squeeks

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is clip

Insert screwdriver for levering in snap-in hole of rear seat lock.
Press screwdriver to center of car and in so doing press supporting point (1) of Bowden cable outwards.

Suspension swap = New rear seat squeeks-rear_seat.jpg
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Thanks 525iEnjoy! That's a much better pic!

- Antti -
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is an excuse by the mechanic since he couldn't answer you sufficiently!

I have exactly the same situation after installing the Ksport coilovers! However,I never experienced any noise from doors seals before with original coilovers, and for a sudden after installing the ksports I?ve got this annoying squeezing sound from them.

I assumed because of the cold weather since the weather here is hot most of the year and during winter the cold and humidity is causing this noise with the rubber! may be, or it is excuse to postponed fixing the issue to summer!

OR may be I did not install the coilovers correctly!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Ok.

1) Remove the rear seat (cushion): http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/08/81/93
2) Open the locks (emergency actuators) in the trunk. They are holding the upper edge of the backrest in place.
- Put a screwdriver in the hole and move the switch to open the lock
- You may need to try it into what direction you need to move the screwdriver because I don't remember it

3) Remove the backrest: http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/08/82/40

The only tricky part is to figure out in what direction you have to move the screwdriver in the emergency actuator hole to open the lock.

- Antti -
wow, thank you, I don't know what to say, you guys are awesome.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
Here is clip

Insert screwdriver for levering in snap-in hole of rear seat lock.
Press screwdriver to center of car and in so doing press supporting point (1) of Bowden cable outwards.

Attachment 129604
thanks so much for this.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by hatemax
I think it is an excuse by the mechanic since he couldn't answer you sufficiently!

I have exactly the same situation after installing the Ksport coilovers! However,I never experienced any noise from doors seals before with original coilovers, and for a sudden after installing the ksports I?ve got this annoying squeezing sound from them.

I assumed because of the cold weather since the weather here is hot most of the year and during winter the cold and humidity is causing this noise with the rubber! may be, or it is excuse to postponed fixing the issue to summer!

OR may be I did not install the coilovers correctly!

my problem is definitely seat related, because when someone sits on it the noise stops. like they are keeping the pieces from moving with their weight.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

He definitely didn't need to remove the rear seat. If he actually did remove the rear seat I don't see why. He would have the same amount of access with less work just going through the trunk.
Are you sure its the rear seat? The rear ball joints tend to squeak when they are worn...
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jgt
He definitely didn't need to remove the rear seat. If he actually did remove the rear seat I don't see why. He would have the same amount of access with less work just going through the trunk.
Are you sure its the rear seat? The rear ball joints tend to squeak when they are worn...
100% sure. you can hear the squeeking in the cabin and I noticed it on the first drive with the new suspension.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

If the squeaking goes away when someone sits on the seat, I suggest you especially check the backrest lower corners that they are in place. When you're reinstalling the backrest back in place, you will gladly have someone helping you on the other end of the backrest, guiding the little beckets into their right places.

- Antti -
Old 01-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Anzafin
If the squeaking goes away when someone sits on the seat, I suggest you especially check the backrest lower corners that they are in place. When you're reinstalling the backrest back in place, you will gladly have someone helping you on the other end of the backrest, guiding the little beckets into their right places.

- Antti -
thanks again.

do you think he may have removed this as well?... http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/08/82/42

looks more complicated, and he did mention that it was a pain to remove something. That one needs "special tool".

Quick Reply: Suspension swap = New rear seat squeeks