E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

The SUPERSPRINT performance exhaust VIDEO clip that's everyone is

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008 | 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I'm sorry I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. For the money that you spent on the Supersprint it should sound better. It's a little weak sounding for an 8. It really does sound almost like the normal stock setup. I think my magnaflow on my 6 sounds deeper and more aggressive than the Supersprint. As far as waking up your neighbors...unless you are reving your engine every morning I wouldn't worry about it.

Just my opinion. So let me finish by saying...If you are happy with it great! Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's your car...
Old 05-05-2008 | 04:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 520i

BTW...if u want it to be loud for awhile...spray some water into the muffler... that will wet the insulating material and make it loud for a day or so
Old 05-05-2008 | 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Appreciate the video.. - was looking foward to it as I have the same one on order.

I just listened to my stock exhaust and the tone is nothing like the Supersprint. The SP is definately deeper in idle and K Wang has just drove off relaxed in the video. We haven't heard how it sounds up high where the V8 really shows it's teeth. If K wang could oblige us with a little extra video where he could let the engine "rip"

It's definately not as loud as the quad/x-pipe setup's - but that not the objective of this exhaust. I like it, (and the mrs+kid won't find it offensive )

give us another vid K wang !!

btw, this is how a E39 540i sounds with a SP - elegant but lets the V8 out the cage up high..

Old 05-05-2008 | 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xxterxx' post='574367' date='May 5 2008, 08:37 AM
BTW...if u want it to be loud for awhile...spray some water into the muffler... that will wet the insulating material and make it loud for a day or so

I wouldn't want it to go any louder. I even thought the rumbling sound is kind of too loud when the rpm is around 2000 to 2500 in 2nd/3rd gear. But it sounds great when I step on the gas and rev the rpm. Compares to the ACS exhaust I had on my e39 540 6 speed, this SUPERSPRINT exhaust is definitely deeper and louder. Too bad that I did not have any video for it when I had the e39. But I have to say that I am glad I did not get the EISENMANN race exhaust.
Old 05-05-2008 | 05:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by andy545' post='574369' date='May 5 2008, 08:38 AM
Appreciate the video.. - was looking foward to it as I have the same one on order.

I just listened to my stock exhaust and the tone is nothing like the Supersprint. The SP is definately deeper in idle and K Wang has just drove off relaxed in the video. We haven't heard how it sounds up high where the V8 really shows it's teeth. If K wang could oblige us with a little extra video where he could let the engine "rip"

It's definately not as loud as the quad/x-pipe setup's - but that not the objective of this exhaust. I like it, (and the mrs+kid won't find it offensive )

give us another vid K wang !!

btw, this is how a E39 540i sounds with a SP - elegant but lets the V8 out the cage up high..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQx13EYPZ48

Yes, the SUPERSPRINT exhaust definitely does not sound like the stock exhaust. It is deeper in idle and while driving. Otherwise, my wife will not noticed it right away In addition, the two bigger size pipes look great on the car. I will post pictures now in a new topic.

I always goes with the same rule when I modified all my cars. Keep it clean and low key but with tastes. So, I have to say I am very happy with the new exhaust. I will try to shoot another video for you guys soon.....
Old 05-05-2008 | 05:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by k Wang' post='574353' date='May 5 2008, 02:54 PM
Hi Nick,

Please remembered to let me know when I can pay for the stickers. If you can send me the PAYPAL money request directly in Euro might be easier. Thanks.
I'll do it shortly, I'm just gathering some PMed and posted new orders
Old 05-05-2008 | 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I think it sounds perfect! Nice rumble but subtle and not obnoxious. Everyone has their own preference but I for one like it this way instead of something louder. I think certain sounds belong on certain cars and you definitely have to have the power to back it up otherwise you're gonna look like one of those Civics with the exhaust roaring yet the car's moving about a mile a minute. Even with the power on my car, I still don't like my exhaust to be too loud.
Old 05-05-2008 | 12:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='574462' date='May 5 2008, 11:51 AM
I think it sounds perfect! Nice rumble but subtle and not obnoxious. Everyone has their own preference but I for one like it this way instead of something louder. I think certain sounds belong on certain cars and you definitely have to have the power to back it up otherwise you're gonna look like one of those Civics with the exhaust roaring yet the car's moving about a mile a minute. Even with the power on my car, I still don't like my exhaust to be too loud.

Thank you and I am glad you like it.