E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Subwoofer Add On

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60

Originally Posted by jaycal3
As mentioned earlier, you have at least 10, if not 13 speakers. There are 2 subs under the front seats that sit flush with the floor. Make sure you have everything set correctly in the idrive. I have heard people complain about the sound but I have the Logic 7 and while there may be some room for improvement, I am an audiophile and love the sound! I have the bass turned up all the way, and while it doesnt thump and vibrate like people seem to like these days, it does provide good deep bass and clear sounds.
word

:l

*daps*
Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Members

I will take a look tonight. I do not want the thump either, but at least want to hear some of the low end...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles
I will take a look tonight. I do not want the thump either, but at least want to hear some of the low end...
Then upgrading the under seat woofers to Earthquakes may help you. My BSW pkg came with 4 sets of speakers, maybe that's what you mean? There are a mid and tweeter in each door, and components in the rear deck, hence 8 speakers (+ 2 under seat woofers = 10 speakers)
Old 10-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Members

I have the Logic7 in mine and the sound is great! I have it concert surround sound mode and it blows my mind how loud it will get with no distortion whatsoever. I am adding a sub in the trunk though for some more bass. The highs and clarity are better than any stock system I've had before.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Then upgrading the under seat woofers to Earthquakes may help you. My BSW pkg came with 4 sets of speakers, maybe that's what you mean? There are a mid and tweeter in each door, and components in the rear deck, hence 8 speakers (+ 2 under seat woofers = 10 speakers)
Hmm, again, excuse my ignorance on this subject. I ordered the BSW Stage I package for a standard car (since I do not have Logic7) and it only came with 4 speakers (2 mids and 2 tweets), so I assumed that my vehicle only had 4 speakers.. I guess BSW only upgrades the front door speakers and the rear deck speakers. I am going to have to take a closer look at the entire system tonight to see what I really have. If there are subs under my front seats, I'm not hearing them..
Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

I was going to put my awesome box (2 Bad ass 12's)I mean the good quality shit I have in my 00 Si, but was kinda scared of messing with the electronics..
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Hmm, again, excuse my ignorance on this subject. I ordered the BSW Stage I package for a standard car (since I do not have Logic7) and it only came with 4 speakers (2 mids and 2 tweets), so I assumed that my vehicle only had 4 speakers.. I guess BSW only upgrades the front door speakers and the rear deck speakers. I am going to have to take a closer look at the entire system tonight to see what I really have. If there are subs under my front seats, I'm not hearing them..
Yeah, the only system with fewer than 10 speakers in the base system. However, that is only sold is base models in Europe, US spec cars come with what the Europeans call the "HiFi" system or the 10 speaker system. So unless your car originated as a base model in Europe you cannot possibly have fewer than 10 speakers.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

Don't know what you ordered but it should have came with 4 midrange and 4 tweeters check the link below

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...n_Standard.pdf
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Members

Yes, I should have said 2 pairs of tweets and 2 pairs of mids. Sorry about that..
Old 10-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

I have logic 7 and it sounds very good... but one thing...it does not sound that good if you hear from outside (who care about this as long as it sounds good inside)

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Add On