E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Style 172 Group buy, who's interested?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, so as I mentioned, a good friend of mine has a replica OEM wheel company here in Montreal, and now has Style 172 wheels available. He told me that if I can gather 6 buyers together, he will put a Group Buy for us. The wheels are Brand New in Box.

GROUP BUY price is : $820cdn($755usd) + shipping(via FedEx)

Wheel specs:

Front- 19x8.5 - ET20 - Center Bore 74.1

Rear- 19x9.5 - ET20- Center Bore 74.1

The center bore on the E60 is 72.6, so he will include hubcentric rings at no additional costs.

The wheels are made from Aluminum alloy, and all wheels are VIA and JWL certified. All the wheels come with a 6 month structural and finish warranty. so if you have any problems, just send back the wheel and they'll replace it.

Price includes set of 4 BMW center caps, set of 4 ///M emblems, set of 4 hubcentric rings, and a set of 4 valve stems.

if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post them here.

Just copy and paste your name on the list.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

1) What would be the shipping cost to Mississauga, Ontario?

2) Can I use existing TPM sensors?

3) Can it void warranty because it's not OEM?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Nice offer. Good luck with the GB.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW4Ever' post='971216' date='Aug 10 2009, 01:54 PM
1) What would be the shipping cost to Mississauga, Ontario?

2) Can I use existing TPM sensors?

3) Can it void warranty because it's not OEM?

1) Shipping to mississauga is $55cdn, since you're from canada, you have to pay the 5%GST.

2) Yes you can use existing TPMS

3) 100% will not affect warranty
Old 08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Will your colleague give guaranty against vibration in the wheels?

I would not buy replicas, but I don't want to spoil your parade. As long as the seller gives a complete guranty that the wheels will work the same as OEMs, these could be good deals.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='971488' date='Aug 10 2009, 05:48 PM

I would not buy replicas, but I don't want to spoil your parade. As long as the seller gives a complete guranty that the wheels will work the same as OEMs, these could be good deals.
No seller can give that guarantee. That's the thing about replicas, otherwise, who would buy OEMs?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='971488' date='Aug 10 2009, 05:48 PM

My buddy does offer warranty against vibration. Even though you're purchasing replica wheels, there is no reason for them not to be perfect. If you purchase a set and have a vibration problem,
Just email them, and they'll arrange an exchange. If you would prefer, they could test them on a balancing machine before they ship out your wheels.

Also, I just wanted to let you guys know, that my buddy just informed me, and one of the sets are already accounted for by a member of the forum he's a vendor on. So there only is 5 sets available.

1) Alex from montrealracing.com
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Old 08-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Contributors

The road balancing won't actually guaranty no vibration.
Sometimes, we see problems with the center bore being off a bit.
The road force machine will fix the imbalance, but the vibration will still exist.

These can be good things if they do what they are expected to do.
I got burned by a bad set of replicas, and this is why I am negative about the issues.

I just recently learned that the price of my original OEMs has near doubled in the last few years, so I can understand the desire of some to go the other route.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='971595' date='Aug 10 2009, 07:41 PM
The road force machine will fix the imbalance, but the vibration will still exist.

I got burned by a bad set of replicas, and this is why I am negative about the issues.

I just recently learned that the price of my original OEMs has near doubled in the last few years, so I can understand the desire of some to go the other route.
That's quite understandable.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='971595' date='Aug 10 2009, 07:41 PM

There are no guarantees, but they will help the client resolve the problem, if there is one, as quick as possible.

A little side story, I'm an avid poster on e90post.com(same screen name, and well over 5500 posts, mostly in the wheels and tires forums), anyway 2 years ago I purchased a brand new set of iForged wheels from a vendor on the site. I got them, and they had a vibration, I got them road forced and still... I brought it to the best wheel
Repair shop in .ontreal, and it turned out that the whole barrell was crooked. This was a week after I got the wheels. Anyway, long story short, it took me 3 months of argueing with iforged, and they finally took it back and replaced the wheel.

So basically what I'm saying is that sometimes even though you pay big$$$, doesn't always mean your getting perfect stuff. (I started a thread on E90post about this, in case anyone wants to validate it)

Quick Reply: Style 172 Group buy, who's interested?