E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Still no wood for my dashboard...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 04:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)
Smile

Well, picked up my car today. Anctious to see my new wood at the lower part of the dashboard. Unfortunately my dealer messed up and didn't order it because they cannot find the correct partnumber. I'm getting a bit tired with them.. How difficult is it to find a partnumber for a piece of plastic???

Anyway I did get new velours mats (instead of the cheap citymats). They match my interior colour 10 times better then my old mats and they are twice as thick and are made from much better quality.

I am very happy with my new mats and hope my dealer can find the correct partnumber anytime soon!
Old 10-26-2004, 04:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 26 2004, 01:13 PM
I am very happy with my new mats and hope my dealer can find the correct partnumber anytime soon!
[snapback]49397[/snapback]
My dealer could not supply. Parts are in backorder at BMW UK and AG. Hmm

Does anybody have a dealer here that has them in stock? This weekend they are taking my car apart to fit bluetooth and aux, so it would be a great opportunity to fit it.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Called my dealer again.

The guy of the partsdepartment has it figured out completely. He can get the part for my car in any colour wood except for the poplar wood (pappelmasser braun). He can order silvergrey, maple wood and every other colour except mine..

Maybe somebody with Pro Nav has ordered the part and has a partnumber. Fred, if you talk to your dealer can you ask if they have a partnumber for the poplarwood for me?

Thanks anybody!
Old 10-26-2004, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Do you absolutely need it to be the same colour? Bit picky IMO..

Old 10-26-2004, 04:31 AM
Contributors

I could always get the light wood from the M5 (the Ikea wood)
Old 10-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 26 2004, 02:31 PM
... (the Ikea wood)
[snapback]49409[/snapback]
Old 10-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Contributors

But anyway.. Who has more partnumbers to help my dealer find what I want!?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:23 PM
But anyway.. Who has more partnumbers to help my dealer find what I want!?
[snapback]49594[/snapback]
I will call my dealer. I gave them teh chiefs part numbrt last time and they were able to figure out mine by changing the last 2 digits. I will see if I can get the number tommorow.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Great chris! Your really helpfull.. I need the pappelmasser braun part with pro nav and a black (not grey) dashboard. My dealer just can't figure it out somehow.. or the part isn't available yet (wich is strange because new cars have it standard).
Old 10-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Dennis, I just had my wooden gear shift installed today ( looks great BTW ) -
but I am going back on Saturday, to get the mirrors folding when locking the car
activated and also to get the little "beep" warning when I have the key still in the
car and I open the drivers door.

I will then ask my chief mechanic for the part no. if available since we have the same options regarding the buttons on the middle console.
Seat heating, PDC, and the DTS button, right? 4 buttons in total...correct?

Hopefully I get lucky!!

BTW, does the activation for the above warning involve any software updates?
How do they activate it? via service mode in the idrive or what...do you know?

Andy.

Quick Reply: Still no wood for my dashboard...