E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Still giggling. (Installed Cobb AP today!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Sport Pkg

Wow! First, I'll admit I have nothing to compare this to. My 535xi was already the fastest car I've ever had. But after installing the Cobb AP tune today I'm absolutely floored by what a rocket this car has become overnight. Power comes on quick and is seemingly endless. I doubt I'll do any dyno testing, but my butt tells me that the reports of 30-40% gains in HP and torque are legitimate.

Obviously, I'm in the pink cloud phase which follows most of my mods, but this is easily the best mod money I've ever spent!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by TMack
Wow! First, I'll admit I have nothing to compare this to. My 535xi was already the fastest car I've ever had. But after installing the Cobb AP tune today I'm absolutely floored by what a rocket this car has become overnight. Power comes on quick and is seemingly endless. I doubt I'll do any dyno testing, but my butt tells me that the reports of 30-40% gains in HP and torque are legitimate.

Obviously, I'm in the pink cloud phase which follows most of my mods, but this is easily the best mod money I've ever spent!
Awesome! I am interested in installing some sort of tune to my 535i but am not to thrilled about messing around with the wires in my ECU compartment. I have heard plenty of good things about JB4 but i have not heard/read too much on the Cobb AP. How easy was the install? Did you have to cut any wires or was it pretty much plug and play? Do you have any videos of you driving it after the install? Lastly, did you install aftermarket sway bars? Congrats on the install, i know once i install a tune on my car i probably will be giggling too!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by epilithic
Awesome! I am interested in installing some sort of tune to my 535i but am not to thrilled about messing around with the wires in my ECU compartment. I have heard plenty of good things about JB4 but i have not heard/read too much on the Cobb AP. How easy was the install? Did you have to cut any wires or was it pretty much plug and play? Do you have any videos of you driving it after the install? Lastly, did you install aftermarket sway bars? Congrats on the install, i know once i install a tune on my car i probably will be giggling too!
The Cobb install was a piece of cake, totally plug and play. It's all done from the cockpit using the ODBC port. Takes about 20 minutes. I considered JB4, but didn't want to have to mess with the engine compartment or have to de-install hardware every time I go in for service.

By the way, no sway upgrades. Not sure there are any for the xi. But my KW coilovers are the bomb!