E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Stereo shops

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I HAVE A 2004 530I MOSTLY STOCK EXCEPT FOR 22IN ASANTI AF128 BLACK, I HAVE A 6 SPPED MANUAL TRANS. IT ALSO HAS DOOR CURTAINS WHICH I LIKE ALOT. NAVI. I HOPE TO CHANGE MY SEATS TO COMFORT SOON.

Hello it's about time for me to upgrade my stock system, I just wanted to see where other ppl have went in SoCal. I'm not trying to get anything too crazy just a nice upgrade. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

What kinda upgrade are you looking to do? There are a few people on the board that did audio build threads. You should see what they did. Also I take it you don't have Logic7 since you want to upgrade.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Members

My Ride: I HAVE A 2004 530I MOSTLY STOCK EXCEPT FOR 22IN ASANTI AF128 BLACK, I HAVE A 6 SPPED MANUAL TRANS. IT ALSO HAS DOOR CURTAINS WHICH I LIKE ALOT. NAVI. I HOPE TO CHANGE MY SEATS TO COMFORT SOON.

I don't have the L7 set up, I just want to add an amp and small sub. I have tried to read up on what others have done but I just get confused and don't want to mess up anything. I took my car to best buy about 3 years ago to change a blown speaker and they messed up my door panel, so I've been pretty apprehensive to let someone touch my car. Im ready to try again so I figured people on hear would be able to help.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by antnmillie
Hello it's about time for me to upgrade my stock system, I just wanted to see where other ppl have went in SoCal. I'm not trying to get anything too crazy just a nice upgrade. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

If you are looking for BMW stereo work in SoCal you should come down and check out my shop. I would show you what we do here that works in those cars, and could at least educate you on your options. It helps to be able to see everything right in front of you and talk to someone that knows what they are doing and has experience with these cars.

-Michael
Method Sound
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by methodsound
If you are looking for BMW stereo work in SoCal you should come down and check out my shop. I would show you what we do here that works in those cars, and could at least educate you on your options. It helps to be able to see everything right in front of you and talk to someone that knows what they are doing and has experience with these cars.

-Michael
Method Sound
Method Sound is a respected audio vendor\member on this forum.

Anyway, I just recently upgraded the audio in my car. I just had the regular 10 speaker stereo system. All I did was add the JBL MS-8 and a center dash speaker and that made a world of difference. Even the stock underseat subs sounded much better.

However, I'm sure in the near future I would still upgrade the front speakers and the underseat sub. I didn't want to add a sub in the trunk because I wanted a clean look...plus I need the trunk space.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by methodsound

-Michael
Method Sound
Ya I will def go down to your shop. This is an upgrade that I've been wanting to do for a while. About 3 years ago the dealer said that something was wrong with my stock amp becuz the drivers speaker doesn't work, a few ppl have told me that I will need to bypass the stock amp with an aftermarket one. Have u seen this b4?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by balbs
Method Sound is a respected audio vendor\member on this forum.

Anyway, I just recently upgraded the audio in my car. I just had the regular 10 speaker stereo system. All I did was add the JBL MS-8 and a center dash speaker and that made a world of difference. Even the stock underseat subs sounded much better.

However, I'm sure in the near future I would still upgrade the front speakers and the underseat sub. I didn't want to add a sub in the trunk because I wanted a clean look...plus I need the trunk space.
Cool thanks for the help how much did u spend on ur set up if u don't mind me asking?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Contributors

I believe the stock external amp for a non-Logic 7 system is just for the underseat subs. The rest is powered by the built in amp from the radio.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Contributors

I guess I spent about:

JBL MS-8: ~$500
OEM Logic 7 center speaker used: ~$50
Technic wiring harness: ~$120
RCA Plugs: $5
Power wiring (+-) for MS-8 and butt connectors for some wires: ~$15
MISC: plywood as mounting hardware and screws: $3

Install: I did a DIY from here https://5series.net/forums/topic/124...-ms-8-install/

This is a modest upgrade as the MS-8 is both a processor and an amp upgrade at the same time. I'm sure Method Sound can show you some great ones.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by balbs
I guess I spent about:

JBL MS-8: ~$500
OEM Logic 7 center speaker used: ~$50
Technic wiring harness: ~$120
RCA Plugs: $5
Power wiring (+-) for MS-8 and butt connectors for some wires: ~$15
MISC: plywood as mounting hardware and screws: $3

Install: I did a DIY from here https://5series.net/forums/topic/124...-ms-8-install/

This is a modest upgrade as the MS-8 is both a processor and an amp upgrade at the same time. I'm sure Method Sound can show you some great ones.
Tight thanks for the help. I'm probably gonna do a set up like yours and see how that sounds. I can always add more if needed later. ?

Quick Reply: Stereo shops