E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sprintbooster has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009 | 05:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='938953' date='Jul 10 2009, 06:25 PM
WAHAHAHA! Eric rules!
Eric is the best!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530ix / E60
Model Year: 2007

Excellent work Antti&Eric!
Old 07-11-2009 | 02:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Allright, now I've driven some more with it, and I really can't say WHOAAAA!!!

It works, that's for sure. I don't know, maybe I'm still bit careful at start offs etc, but I don't think that the difference is phenomenal. The car revs to 2000rpms (where the 500nm of torque starts) a bit quickier than before, and of course I feel that effect very clearly. Too early to say about the lag, that is it any better than before. I clearly have to learn to drive with this. Yeah and I have a manual transmission.
Old 07-11-2009 | 04:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='939329' date='Jul 11 2009, 06:34 AM
Allright, now I've driven some more with it, and I really can't say WHOAAAA!!!

It works, that's for sure. I don't know, maybe I'm still bit careful at start offs etc, but I don't think that the difference is phenomenal. The car revs to 2000rpms (where the 500nm of torque starts) a bit quickier than before, and of course I feel that effect very clearly. Too early to say about the lag, that is it any better than before. I clearly have to learn to drive with this. Yeah and I have a manual transmission.
There's a bit of a disappointment with the sprint booster in the sense that it really punches through the throttle pedal in lower gears and at lower rpms, but in the above 3k rpms range the SB is pretty much useless - at least that's the way it works on my car (I have a petrol 530Xi). But the lower punch is EXACTLY what I wanted, so for me it was just right. I'm now planning to put in a few mods to make the car breathe better to notch up the above-3k rpms power delivery. I'd imagine, with a diesel engine, your SB's affect is possibly even more subdued.
Old 07-11-2009 | 04:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='939349' date='Jul 11 2009, 08:28 AM
There's a bit of a disappointment with the sprint booster in the sense that it really punches through the throttle pedal in lower gears and at lower rpms, but in the above 3k rpms range the SB is pretty much useless - at least that's the way it works on my car (I have a petrol 530Xi). But the lower punch is EXACTLY what I wanted, so for me it was just right. I'm now planning to put in a few mods to make the car breathe better to notch up the above-3k rpms power delivery. I'd imagine, with a diesel engine, your SB's affect is possibly even more subdued.
So what power mods are on the way Vlad? RPI hood scoop? ECU remap? RPI exhaust?

It is no suprise that the SB has no effect once the engine is up and revving. It does not increase engine power. The point is to get the engine revving sooner by sending a stronger throttle signal. Sounds like it is doing that in your ride.
Old 07-11-2009 | 04:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='939351' date='Jul 11 2009, 08:31 AM
So what power mods are on the way Vlad? RPI hood scoop? ECU remap? RPI exhaust?

It is no suprise that the SB has no effect once the engine is up and revving. It does not increase engine power. The point is to get the engine revving sooner by sending a stronger throttle signal. Sounds like it is doing that in your ride.
You guessed it, Scott. I'd probably add the short-shifter kit to the wishlist and I've looked at STS' website a few times, though I doubt I'll commit on that level - just hard to reconcile with my current income (especially, if nothing improves in the near future)... so it will probably be a slow climb. I did find the Dinan guy practically in my backyard though
Old 07-11-2009 | 04:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='939353' date='Jul 11 2009, 08:33 AM
You guessed it, Scott. But it will probably be a slow climb. I did find the Dinan guy practically in my backyard thogh
Dinan mods are expensive but highly regarded.
Old 07-11-2009 | 04:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='939354' date='Jul 11 2009, 08:33 AM
Dinan mods are expensive but highly regarded.
Honestly, I am in a kind of a rough spot career-wise. Nothing is wrong, but I'm not really moving up lately and it is really bugging me, so I'm sort of stagnant in deciding on any mods too. If I happen to catch a break, finally, I'll throw several mods on rightaway. But if everything stays the way it is today, I'd probably end up taking a long time to complete what's planned - long enough to be done by about the time the leases on the TT V8 F10's are in my range

Sorry for the slight threadjack, Antti
Old 07-11-2009 | 07:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='939359' date='Jul 11 2009, 03:44 PM
Honestly, I am in a kind of a rough spot career-wise. Nothing is wrong, but I'm not really moving up lately and it is really bugging me, so I'm sort of stagnant in deciding on any mods too. If I happen to catch a break, finally, I'll throw several mods on rightaway. But if everything stays the way it is today, I'd probably end up taking a long time to complete what's planned - long enough to be done by about the time the leases on the TT V8 F10's are in my range

Sorry for the slight threadjack, Antti
It's ok .

Yes I know what sprintbooster does. Like I said, I feel the difference and I like it, but it was not as impressing as I thought it would be.
SB FTW !
Old 07-11-2009 | 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='938757' date='Jul 10 2009, 03:40 PM
Ok ok....

You know, I wanted to install this mod myself with a help of Eric, but he thought it other way...

This was the sight when I opened the garage doors:

I hardly reached to find all the tools and he was already messing around in the car!

The install was quick. Just had to figure out where to mount the sprintbooster itself. I know it's dangerous to give Eric anything sharp but he was surprisingly handy with a box cutter and made a nice slot for the little block in the carpet. I started the car and no messages or anything. Cool.

Eric wanted immediately to try and see if there's any difference in response. Had some difficulties to reach the pedals though!

"OMG!"

Approval was instant!
Hahahaha! This is so friggin entertaining!! Good job, Antti..uh..Eric

Quick Reply: Sprintbooster has arrived!