E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

SPRINT BOOSTER considering for 2008 535i

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='493816' date='Nov 13 2007, 12:57 PM
There's actually the NY E60 Dinner/Meet tomorrow night in Lower Manhattan. Member slickrick will be there with his 535. I'm thinking about taking mine out and popping it into his car and see what the difference is. Will let you know.

I corresponded with Andy (Ebay seller) and he's going to let me have it for $270, shipping included. If I don't like it, i can always sell it. I've heard a few complaints of the pedal being too sensitive, even in reverse etc...I guess my wife will never drive it then!

Please post, if you do yank yours and stick it in his! That doesn't sound right, but you know what i meant!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Please ignore the guy that has never used one but yet deduced a theory on how it tricks the computer into thinking you have reached the last 10 percent. First off that is b.s. In a sense ONE of the ways it works is by multiplying pedal travel into more response than normal. So yes 10 percent push on the pedal is like pushing it down 30 percent. However if you drive in auto mode-especially DS-it DRASTICALLY increases the speed at which downshifts occur. WIth a non SB car-yes you can floor it and hit the shift down button and it will downshift but there is a pretty huge delay to downshift. You can literally hit it and wait for it to downshif.

WIth a SB-All you have to do is tap the pedal barely and a lightning fast downshift occurs and your car will take off before a guy with no sb can even step down on the pedal all the way.

Also it takes time-albeit milliseconds for a foot to stomp on a pedal and that is if you do it as hard as you can every time. From the time it takes for the foot to stomp down and then the kickdown to engage and finally downshift-the SB person will have spend 1/10th the time pressing the pedal since it had to travel only a fraction of the way to get kick down-and also the kick down will occur 10 times faster so there is no lag between when you get it to kick down and it actually kicking down.

So phsyically it is impossble to "do what the SB can do with my foot".

Especially comes in handy when you need to get in front of someone or you NEEd instant gas for whatever reason-if your crossing a street and you have to have instant go-go to not get hit-or whatever happens in many emergent situations. You tap the pedal and your car is gone v. non-sb regardless of how hard and fast you stomp the pedal-there is a lag whether you are in DS or manual mode before the car moves and when you step on the gas.

SO a third thing is not only does the SB amplify signal sent by pedal movement, it increases kick down speed and also sends the signal faster to the computer so that you touch the pedal and the car moves v. touch the pedal, even floored and there is a lag before moment.

None of those 3 things you can do with your foot no matter how hard you try.

Objectively it may not increase hp but it makes a difference evidenced by it being much easier to spin your tires with it-even compared to slamming the pedal down from a dead stop-it is much easier to spin the tires with the SB-
Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by ITNurse' post='493974' date='Nov 13 2007, 08:57 PM
I corresponded with Andy (Ebay seller) and he's going to let me have it for $270, shipping included. If I don't like it, i can always sell it. I've heard a few complaints of the pedal being too sensitive, even in reverse etc...I guess my wife will never drive it then!

Please post, if you do yank yours and stick it in his! That doesn't sound right, but you know what i meant!
1. My wife drives the car daily, since I work in Manhattan. She's clueless and still doesn't know about the SB. LOL!

2. That was sick. I just threw up all over myself. Now when I see Rick tomorrow, I'm going to think of your comment and barf all over him too. Hahahaha!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='493981' date='Nov 13 2007, 09:08 PM
1. My wife drives the car daily, since I work in Manhattan. She's clueless and still doesn't know about the SB. LOL!

2. That was sick. I just threw up all over myself. Now when I see Rick tomorrow, I'm going to think of your comment and barf all over him too. Hahahaha!
Hahaha!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Auto, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Sport and Premium Packages, HUD

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='493980' date='Nov 13 2007, 07:05 PM
Please ignore the guy that has never used one but yet deduced a theory on how it tricks the computer into thinking you have reached the last 10 percent. First off that is b.s.
I get it. Ignore anyone with a working theory on how something like the SB actually works. Just have faith that it "just does" and pay the man that sells it.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='493980
I get it. Ignore anyone with a working theory on how something like the SB actually works. Just have faith that it "just does" and pay the man that sells it.
I may have not used the correct verbiage on my explanation but in regards to 10% or so but most got the idea. This only means 1 thing... we must test it. Lets get someone with a SB and someone without and line em up and race from a dead stop. let 1 guy put the pedal to the metal the old school way and the other do what he does... and lets see who pulls a so called half a car and stays there because of their SB jumped of the line like a rocket. Ofcourse both cars must be the same engine specs and mods not to skew the results.

and yeah after this i'll maybe just maybe pay the man that makes it.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

It's really pretty simple and no loss to you to try it. If you don't like it, there are PLENTY of members on this forum that will take it off your hands. Get it bud. Stop thinking and questioning it. I did and I could kick myself for not doing it sooner.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Looks like the OP ordered it and hopefully will provide some feedback.

I love it on my M5 and definitely recommend it.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='494024' date='Nov 13 2007, 07:46 PM
Boy you really like to ramble on.... member since last month and already have 250+ post. But I guess thats whats the forum is for right
redwhiteblue is an old member previously named sleepyca31. He is long winded and will step on your toes from time to time.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Contributors

Isn't the Juicebox roughly the same price or less. http://www.bmwjuice.com/

More power can be had via Vishnu or active autowerke, but as far as bang for the buck, the JB is hard to beat. Reviews can be found on e90post.com

Quick Reply: SPRINT BOOSTER considering for 2008 535i